Those Baby Blue Eyes

Negan

THE member
Another not so terrifying story, but an interesting one in my opinion. This experience solidified the belief that we literally share the world with other beings not known to us. I don't know if they're spirits, aliens, cryptids or what have you, but I do know they are out there.

Again, this story happened in my home town in Norway a few years back. I'm living with my mother after a going through a divorce. My two younger brothers and sister also live(d) there. The area has changed some which I tried to illustrate in a couple of images below.

It all started one night in Autumn sometime. My brother and his friend Jake were out walking their dogs like they do every night. Down the street from us, the road met a dirt path which people would take to a bus stop. This is the area my brother and his friend stopped for the dogs to mark their territory. As my brother and his friend were chatting, my brother glanced up into the backyard of an apartment at the end of the road. He saw what he said looked like many little eyes. Astounded at what he was seeing, he whispered to Jake "do you see the eyes?". After pointing Jake in the direction, sure enough he saw them too.

As they stand there looking in awe, the dogs totally oblivious, one pair of eyes seem to "rise up". As if whatever these eyes belonged to was initially crouching but decided to stand up. This freaked both of them out and they decided to high tail it out of there. My brother comes home, and tells me of the story. I ask if they're still there and he says he thinks so but he didn't want to go back. I definitely did not want to meet upon them alone, so I refrained from venturing out. (Plus, it was getting chilly!)

Here's is a map (with street names removed) over our apartment complex. (I guess it's actually more like townhouses.) The red circle was my approximate location.
2zha.png

As you can see in the below illustration, the two red dots signify my brother and Jake. The red highlighted area is the direction they're looking at:
2zh9.png

A week passes without much event until my brother runs up to my room banging on my door. "Dude! They're back!". I ask where, and he says across the street. Across the street there's a "garbage house" (a large shed with garbage containers for our apartments to dispose of trash). Behind this "garbage house" was some wooded area which sat roughly in the middle of our apartment complex. The wooded area has been cut down and the land filled in to make a more "kid friendly" area.

So my brother, his friend and I run outside to the garbage house. My brother asks if I could see them, I say no. In an almost frustrated voice, he says "THERE!" as he points between two trees. I have to seriously concentrate, but sure enough I see them.

Here's an illustration of where I was looking. The two red dots are my brother and his friend, the blue one is me. The green is where the wooded area used to be.

2zhd.png

What I'm seeing is amazing, two beautiful baby blue eyes glowing between a pair of trees. I'm not afraid, but I am feeling cautious. Here's an illustration as to what I'm seeing:

2zhg.png

I tell my brother to go in and get my DSLR. He runs in, grabs it but without the lens. I had a standard kit lens and a 50mm lens I used 99% of the time. I tell him to run back in and get "my big lens" which he does. I pop on the lens, open the flash and shoot a few pictures. Worried that the flash might wash out the blue eyes, I take a few more without the flash. The three of us stand there for what feels like an eternity, the eyes just gazing at us, and we at them. Curious as to what my camera picked up, I pry myself from the scene and my brother and his friend join. We head up to my room as I insert the memory card into my computer.

What I see makes me question exactly what had happened. The images were all black, except for a few feet of the ground. Almost like someone had taken their hand and placed it half way over the lens. I had no lens cap on my kit lens, I lost it long ago. So I know this was no user error. Here's an illustration of what we saw:

2zhh.png

The ten or so images were all like that. Both with, and without the flash. I was using auto settings on my camera with auto-focus. Nothing that I could think of would have produced this image without someone placing their hand (or something else) in front of the lens. I kick myself for deleting those images a while back. But I figured they were of no use.

None of us saw those eyes again, but plenty of other things have occurred in this area. Especially tied in with the wooded area in the center of the apartment complex. I'll eventually go get some pictures of the locations from street level, but things have changed but you'd at least get an idea of where I was, and these things were.