Three Laws of Chronodynamics

Heinrich Hundekok

Re: Three Laws of Chronodynamics

As a matter of fact, from Chronodynamic point of view, there is no such thing as a paradox. It is simply a misunderstanding of a time travel event.

Indeed it is.

I'll start translating shortly, but it might take a while before I'm done with it, since I've got some serious business to attend to the next few weeks.

H.H.

Chronodynamic Jim

On the subject of the Third Law, an example:

Here is a simple rookie flash movie demonstrating a Time Travel experiment utilizing a pool table with an entry port (Innie), and an exit port (Outie). With the time difference set to 0, the cue ball will enter Innie and exit Outie simultaneously. With Time Diff set to 1, the cue ball will exit one second after entering. And with the Time Diff set to -1, the cue ball exits Outie one second before entering Innie.

Play around with it. It will make sense if you think about it enough.

keenobserver

very interesting very very intriguing reading.

I read thru the complete 5 pages

one thing pops in mind regarding the original Alex Mike story.

When Alex went to 2009 and found out that he ceased to exist meaning he died in 2005. How come he is still alive and is tasting the reality of his after death. And instead of going back to when he was murdered or even asking Mike to go back in 1975 to warn him etc, why not go back to lets say a time after his proposed murder and start living again then he would not have to fear death ( of when he dies later is another story)

Hey just a thought just putting my 2 cents in

keenobserver

I was watching a tv serial "Seven Days" in which a man named DOS from future pops back 168 years into todays time to kill off a cancer research person Christa because she according to him develops a cure for the cancer. This cure for cancer is a vaccine which gets contaminated with a virus or something happens to it and the result is so deadly that it brings about the death of some billion people. SO the future people think if there is something which can be done to prevent this and they come up with a time machine which requires a fuel to be able to actually operate it.

OK ok hear me out first
the find that fuel in a space ship crashed from outer space (hey this not my story its a tv episode)
Then he DOS actually comes back and tries to kill the research person one man Mr Parker tries to prevent it while convincing the research person not to do research so that it will not have that deadly consequences. She is not ready to believe parkers and DOS story untill she is told that she could check the Blood DNA etc because his blood DNA has the antigens which were developed due to her vaccine and could not be there unless he was from the future. While this is happening DOS sneaks up from behind and shoots her. Also DOS gets killed by a security guard.

Now in this scenario do the laws apply?
No they do not i think. Its a common paradox created by filmmakers.
If she is killed her research is not complete so the cancer cure vaccine is not created and if the vaccine is not created then there is no contamination or any such dealy effect and so people do not get killed the wqorld is saved AND people do not think of sending the person back. SO he does not come back. So she goes ahead to create the vaccine...

Oh boy Jim when is your book coming out I will sure buy them because at least there would some intersting and intelligent stories without the infinite stupid loops beoing created

Chronodynamic Jim

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"keenobserver\")</div>
Now in this scenario do the laws apply?...Oh boy Jim when is your book coming out I will sure buy them because at least there would some intersting and intelligent stories without the infinite stupid loops beoing created[/b]

The Laws apply here, but they would cause the story being told differently.

I am actually writting my book right now. Don't know if it will be published, but I may post it when I'm done. It's a collection of time travel short stories that collectively tell an overall story arc. Think Tales of Mos Eisley. Anyhoo, I'm putting the finishing touches on the first story at the moment. I will post it at least, when i'm done.

BTW, my wife, Danielle just had a baby girl Tuesday, May 3rd, so I've been busy lately. Cigars all around! Click the link to my blog in my sig for more info...

thenumbersix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Chronodynamic Jim\")</div>
The Laws apply here, but they would cause the story being told differently.

I am actually writting my book right now. Don't know if it will be published, but I may post it when I'm done. It's a collection of time travel short stories that collectively tell an overall story arc. Think Tales of Mos Eisley. Anyhoo, I'm putting the finishing touches on the first story at the moment. I will post it at least, when i'm done.

BTW, my wife, Danielle just had a baby girl Tuesday, May 3rd, so I've been busy lately. Cigars all around! Click the link to my blog in my sig for more info...[/b]

congrats !

halo2junkie119

After reading through some of this it reminds me of the recent Movie version of H.G. Wells The Time Machine. Because that one guy(i forgot his name) keeps trying to go back in time to save his girlfriend, but everytime she dies. He realizes he cannot change the past.

Chronodynamic Jim

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"halo2junkie119\")</div>
After reading through some of this it reminds me of the recent Movie version of H.G. Wells The Time Machine. Because that one guy(i forgot his name) keeps trying to go back in time to save his girlfriend, but everytime she dies. He realizes he cannot change the past.[/b]

No, it's more fundamental than that. Not only can he not change the fact that she died, he can not change the way she died. Just because he led her away from the park and she died some other way, he still changed the past. (He gave up pretty quick too, only tried once. Quitter!) The Laws say you can't change anything, any detail, not just the broad strokes as that movie would have you think.

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Chronodynamic Jim\")</div>
No, it's more fundamental than that. Not only can he not change the fact that she died, he can not change the way she died. Just because he led her away from the park and she died some other way, he still changed the past. (He gave up pretty quick too, only tried once. Quitter!) The Laws say you can't change anything, any detail, not just the broad strokes as that movie would have you think.[/b]

Yeah, this is what bugs me about this movie. Guy complains that he can't change the past, but that is exactly what he did albeit not in the way he expected. Of course the romantic interest thing was just a plot device to motivate Guy to time travel. Apparently Hollywood believes that people need some incintive other than just curiosity to time travel. After Guy travels to the future he forgets all about his fiance. Doesn't seem very romantic to me. I would not have given up on her so easily.