Tiger gets corona virus

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I was surprised at first to learn a tiger got it. But then again, COVID-19 does come from animals.

Synchr0nicity

I read that dogs and cats could get it and heard of people in high rise buildings in China throwing their pets out the windows in fear they could get the virus from them. I don’t know if this is really true or not. I read that in the comment section of Facebook so who knows. I can’t imagine doing something like that to a pet but now people are talking about people potentially abandoning their pets because now they’re saying animals can get it.

I thought I was reading onion news. However, there it is. Tiger in a zoo gets corona virus. Big cats can get it, but what about a small house cat? Oh wow, we need a vaccine... like right away. Do it meow!

Tiger tests positive for COVID-19 at New York City zoo, first case of its kind in U.S.

Tiger at Bronx Zoo tests positive

start at edge

It would be very interesting to know what happens next to that tiger (assuming the keepers will not be that stupid to kill it) in the next 2 weeks (and more). It may turn out that various animal species are in fact only carriers of the virus and not affected by it. This is most likely, as this virus operates at RNA level. We could learn a great deal from such sort of observation.