Time and Its Mysteries...

Jikan Yugami

Greetings, John here (or Wub, Wubby, Sacred, you decide I don't really care).
I am still trying to figure out what time is, if it is even a physical thing that can be altered. So in this segment I will be posting about my current ideas and beliefs on what it might be. I also want other peoples research as well if you could assist me that would be very much appreciated.

Time, in small segments it makes sense to us, but as we try to dig deeper into its functionality it becomes more and more confusing. While we understand it as a meta-physical object we use to record when things occur on planet Earth, its true nature is barely even understood. Most people believe that if you cannot observe, touch or feel something it doesn't really exist, but people misconstrue that concept, because we can technically still observe Time and its effect on things. But yet we still are lost on what it is. I believe Time is allot like Space, an infinite vacuum, because we still know very little about Space as well as Time, perhaps they are connected in some way? I have no foundation because most of my research is based on other findings I come across during my internet diving. As far as I know the closest people to unlocking the mystery of time is CERN, a research and development facility in Europe. They are successful in many ways, They created the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) and discovered sub-atomic particles because of it. I have done a fair amount of digging and found hints of them having created micro-blackholes. I think that CERN will start research on time fairly soon, I estimate within the next few years, although they may keep these findings private as their ultimate goal is the manipulation of time if they begin studies on time. Which means that they will have other projects that they will be making public during this time period, just to keep media from getting suspicious. Anyways I got side-tracked, Time may very well be physical which is why it moves differently in space, almost as if the vacuum of space slows it down. Again everything I say is mere speculations, and shots in the dark, until I have the right tools I can't really prove anything. I don't even know where to begin my experiments to be honest.

Now it is your turn, tell me what you think of my ideas and where I might be wrong and if you can disprove some things for me so that I may understand better. If what I say contradicts what you say entirely please let me know in detail what your perspective is, as I am greatly interested in others opinions on Time. If you have questions or feel that I was too vague on some things please feel free to ask me anything and I will answer as best as possible. Thank you for listening to my rant, and the CERN situation is kind of a conspiracy I think about and I didn't mean to get side-tracked like that. So I apologize for that. That will be all for today.

-El Psy Kongroo

Kairos

What if time is not real? If Parminedes was correct, then there exists just one static universe, but we only experience it in slices. So in that sense, time would be an illusion arising from the limitation of how we experience the universe. This would generally correspond to what some physicists refer to as block time. In philosophy it is called Eternalism.

It's strange to me how I encounter so many people who possess completely opposing conceptions of the universe. They want to believe that the past is real, which implies something like Eternalism, but then they refer to time as a real thing in of itself. But time is only a substantive thing if we live in a universe more inline with what Heraclitus described, in which there exists only a present moment and constant flux (change).

The two general categories of models of time here are roughly described as flow or block time. This debate goes back to the original conflict between Heraclitus and Parmenides, with Aristotle representing that middle path between the two extremes. Everything seems to go back to that.

Kairos

As far as time being physical, I am not sure what you mean by that. As in physical time particles or in the sense of block time?

Jikan Yugami

As far as time being physical, I am not sure what you mean by that. As in physical time particles or in the sense of block time?
I'm not sure, I'm guessing about whether or not it can really be manipulated, that sense of physicality is what I mean, like air. We can still manipulate air and wind even without seeing its particles.

Kairos

I'm not sure, I'm guessing about whether or not it can really be manipulated, that sense of physicality is what I mean, like air. We can still manipulate air and wind even without seeing its particles.

Then you see time as a kind of flux that is instantiated by some hypothetical time particle?

My earlier point was that, if you see it that way, unless you adopt concepts like act and potency, you are stuck with a Heraclitus-like model of the universe in which only the present moment exists (thus, no travel to the past).

Jikan Yugami

Ahhh I see now what you are trying to say. And now I can express my idea better, I do believe that time travel on one linear plain is impossible due to Novikov's Self-Consistency Principle. However, I believe instead that we may be able to do things to go around that issue. For example, we can override our past consciousness with our present one, this will prevent the problem of the Grandfather Paradox from occuring, of course this would limit our travel to only our life span. Then comes another form of travel, the one where you can remain in your physical body. a better thing to call this is traversing world-lines rather than time travel, as John Titor implied he did. Although it can still technically be called time travel if the only thing changing between the world-lines is the current time, which would allow two versions of yourself to exist at once with no issues of the Self-Consistency Principle. But this does not mean that, even though that time is the only thing that changed, our world-lines have the exact same path in store. Which explains why Titors' predictions were not correct. He even said that his being here lead to a divergence between his world-line and ours, although I believe that even had he not been here, things still would not have played out like in his world-line. Anyways, That's all I have for now. Do you understand what I am trying to say now? I hope so. This was most enjoyable. Now I must get back to work. Have a pleasant day.
-El Psy Kongroo