Time dilation pertinent question(s)

start at edge

Time dilation is happening (and was observed) in all geo-orbital satellites (needing to adjust their clocks every once in a while).
Question: does it happen also with geo-stationary satellites ???
If yes, then what is taken into account about their movement ??? (movement in regards to what ???)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Time dilation is happening (and was observed) in all geo-orbital satellites (needing to adjust their clocks every once in a while).
Question: does it happen also with geo-stationary satellites ???
If yes, then what is taken into account about their movement ??? (movement in regards to what ???)

Yes it does happen with geo-stationary satellites. Their movement does not figure in. A synchronization pulse is periodically sent up to the satellite

start at edge

Yes it does happen with geo-stationary satellites. Their movement does not figure in. A synchronization pulse is periodically sent up to the satellite
Thanks for replying.
So, in the case I mentioned, it seems that time dilation occurs because the satellite is actually moving around the earth center, regardless if the earth spins or not, or in which direction it spins (it could very well not spin at all, the dilation would still be there). Further more, is it reasonable to assume that the dilation is different towards the earth surface than to the earth center ??? … If so, then is it also reasonable to assume that time in the center of the earth is ahead of time at the surface ??? (sun – earth, galaxy center – sun, etc.)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Thanks for replying.
So, in the case I mentioned, it seems that time dilation occurs because the satellite is actually moving around the earth center, regardless if the earth spins or not, or in which direction it spins (it could very well not spin at all, the dilation would still be there). Further more, is it reasonable to assume that the dilation is different towards the earth surface than to the earth center ??? … If so, then is it also reasonable to assume that time in the center of the earth is ahead of time at the surface ??? (sun – earth, galaxy center – sun, etc.)

Actually part of your understanding may be flawed. Our science says motion causes time dilation. I would accept that if they could prove it. But information from both gravity probe A and B appears to be altered to fit the general relativity narrative. Don't make assumptions. And don't believe anything you can't verify for yourself through experiment.

start at edge

Actually part of your understanding may be flawed. Our science says motion causes time dilation. I would accept that if they could prove it. But information from both gravity probe A and B appears to be altered to fit the general relativity narrative. Don't make assumptions. And don't believe anything you can't verify for yourself through experiment.
That is true, I did not perform any experiment, I wouldn’t have the resources for such experiments, yet there are some people who did – they measured the (time) dilation using an atomic clock on board of an airplane which traveled i.d.k. how many thousands of miles far and then back. Also the fact that satellites (whether geo-orbital or geo-stationary) clocks need to be “updated” every now and then, is obvious that time dilation actually happens. They have done such experiments over many years and they considered the (same) results to be proof that time indeed dilates for objects in motion. I also happen to agree that a certain dose of skepticism is what brings much more accuracy in experiments results and brings it closer to the truth, even if only by repeating the same experiment numerous times to check the result as accurate as possible. In all those experiments, they concentrated on some certain aspects that were at interest for them, yet there are some other conclusions that can be drawn from those same experiments, for example – it seems that, within a certain range, of course, the mass of the object that is moving is irrelevant … that atomic clock could have traveled in that airplane or in a much lighter (or heavier) vehicle – the speed and distance (therefore time) it traveled was the one to give the dilation.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I've read of the airplane experiment. But it was stated that the results were actually within the margin of experimental error. So the results couldn't be accepted as valid proof of time dilation. Yes time dilation does occur in orbit about the earth. Low orbit measurements show clocks tick slower. But you seldom hear that high orbit measurements tick faster. The accepted reason for low orbit measurements is due to orbital speed. Which I don't accept. Because of the doctored results released to the public over the gravity probe A and B experiments.