Time Slip for a 65 Year Old Blues Musician

TickTock

I am 65 years old. (Retired now from a real job at a computer company) Our blues band was playing at a blues fest in 2013. We were setting up our equipment behind the group that was performing before us so we could move it quickly on stage after they finished.

We had some time to kill so I sat on the back of the stage and watched tourists walk by looking in shop windows on the sidewalk to my right. It was about 11:30, we were scheduled to go on at 12 noon. Each band had to perform a 20 minute set.

I noticed one couple walking by the shops. He had a biker jacket and a bandana on his head. His girlfriend (or wife) was wearing a fringe jacket and they were holding hands swinging them as they walked. I thought to myself, well they're a nice couple, young and probably in love.

After about 20 minutes of sitting on the back of the stage I saw the entire event repeat itself. They walked past the same shops swinging their hands and I thought what? Why would they go back?

I dismissed it as weird and we took the stage at 12:05. We finished at 12:25 and I tore down my equipment and loaded in my car. I have a 4X12 cabinet and head, guitar with equipment case and had to carry everything about a block away.

When I finished loading up I went to the outdoor club to meet my band mates for lunch. We waited forever to get served and more time went by waiting on our burgers. It really seamed like we were there for a couple of hours. After I paid the tab and left, I met some old friends outside and visited for a few minutes.

Finally I made it to the car and was so glad I could get to go home.
I looked at the clock and it said 1:10 PM. I said what the $%$%$%, there is no way.

I went home only to sleep the entire afternoon and wake up with a really bad headache, and I never get headaches anymore after my heart attack in 2004 where I had 3 stents.

Anyone else had a time altercation like this? This was my first and I have lived a long time, well 65 years long. Really spooked the hell out of me.

I have never told anyone except my son and this forum today. Never told my wife for good reason :)
Anyway, thanks for listening, that's all I have and hopefully will have no more.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Maybe it was the location. Have you ever gone back? Interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

Itheblaze

Goggle ' time slips ', many interesting stories. I wonder if any one else at lunch noticed anything odd or got a headache? Ask one of the band mates discretely.

TickTock

Goggle ' time slips ', many interesting stories. I wonder if any one else at lunch noticed anything odd or got a headache? Ask one of the band mates discretely.
I did ask the bass player later if he noticed anything different about that day. I told him the story, he said no. But he and everyone else stayed at the event and didn't leave until that evening. I was the only one that left and noticed the time. I felt sort of awkward having to ask anyone else.

Those guys were drinking beer all day too, so the only thing they noticed was the bottom of their glass :)

TickTock

Maybe it was the location. Have you ever gone back? Interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I've been back many times. It's a blues venue and a very popular place to play. Never noticed anything again since that day, Saturday, May 11th 2013.

TimeFlipper

Hi and welcome to Paranormalis
Iam wondering if there may have been a normal glitch on your wristwatch which would not have necessarily been a time slip?
As for your experience of seeing those 2 people doing the same thing twice, i dont have many ideas other than perhaps you may have had a TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack) better known as a mini stroke..
I had one of these a few years back and i recall very vividly the weird things that went through my mind at the time
Obviously i hope that didnt happen to you..
Kind Regards
John