TIME:The fourth dimension??

Alpha and 0mega

TIME:The fourth dimension??

In this post i am gonna talk bout if time really is one of the dimension.
</span>
All of us know we live in fourth dimension where there is length,width,height and time.I hav learn that if time stop,all the activity on earth will stop too.if it reverse everything will reverse in motion too.So we generally belive time exist.

But wat if the situation change?lets say,a two dimensional world(flatland) where only length and width exist.But according to books,the Flatlander(<span style=\'font-family:palatino Linotype\'>someone who is from the two dimension world)could move.So time must hav existed in the two dimensional world.But why only length and width exist??wat if the flatlander wanted to travel back in time,would he be able to do so?

</span>So there might be one possibility....
<span style=\'font-family:Impact\'>
Time exist in all the dimension.Time is not the fourth dimension.

Harte

Re: TIME:The fourth dimension??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Alpha and 0mega\")</div>
But wat if the situation change?lets say,a two dimensional world(flatland) where only length and width exist.But according to books,the Flatlander(someone who is from the two dimension world)could move.So time must hav existed in the two dimensional world.But why only length and width exist??wat if the flatlander wanted to travel back in time,would he be able to do so?

So there might be one possibility....
Time exist in all the dimension.Time is not the fourth dimension.[/b]

A&O,
As I told you in another post, time cannot be unfolded from space. The concepts of space and time are just two different ways to look at one thing called spacetime.
If you had a two-dimensional space that wasn't just some mathematical construct but was an actual existing universe, then you would be talking about three dimensional spacetime.
Say you were to meet someone in a coffee shop on the 3rd floor of some building. You would be told the address (that's two dimensions) and then you would be told to go to the third floor (the third dimension.) You still need one more piece of information, right? You need to know what time to meet that person (there's your 4th dimension.)

In your flatland, you would need all this info except for the floor number (no up in flatland.)

StarLord

The physical plane is comprised of four dimensions, one of them being Time. Without the illusion of time, mass hysterial, delusions and insanity would take over.

Wait a min, that would be Congress.

Imagine it very much like a Great big Sand Box Not only do you have all four corners intact, length and width, it has a depth of 2 feet full of sand, it is in the same place on the play ground every day so you know where to find it, AND there is a specific mentaly measurable period of your existence when you can play in it, which for sake of brevity we will call 'Time' / your 'life time' here.

If you think about it, when you check out of here after 'play time' is over, nobody gets to take that fancy Rolex with them.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Chronodynamic Jim\")</div>
Any one else think that A&O is not really 13?[/b]

I am leaning that way. "Flatland" is an old book from the 40's or 50's I think. When I was 13, I was interested in these things too, but had less of a grasp. Also, his typing is a little too atrocious.

On the other hand, maybe the available Scifi back then didn't cover the theories as well as the books available to today's 13 year olds.

Alpha and 0mega

I am utterly disapointed.to tell u i am really a 13 year old boy from singapore.i am learning both chinese and engish and i am neither good at both languague.i know i may not sound like a 13 year old boy.

Alpha and 0mega

Come on theres a way to prove that i am 13 years old.u see all the stuff and theory i hav r Stupid and silly and make no sense.so i am a 13 year old boy:dry:.

StarLord

Self Praise Is No Recommendation Alpha & Omega. How could you prove that you were only 13?