Time travel conflicts

Akhilleuss

Hi, im just new here. I just registered because i will ask a potentially stupid question

I dont know much about time travel but according to my research it is possible to time travel but You cant travel to a time before the machine was invented so it means that you can travel from present to future , future to present right?

But what will happen if you travel to the future, and you took someone from the future and make him kill his grandparents and prevent him from being born.
What will happen to the guy you took from the future? Will he just disappear?
Or my research really is wrong and time travel is just a one way trip to the future

Ps. Im sorry for my english

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

We
Hi, im just new here. I just registered because i will ask a potentially stupid question

I dont know much about time travel but according to my research it is possible to time travel but You cant travel to a time before the machine was invented so it means that you can travel from present to future , future to present right?

But what will happen if you travel to the future, and you took someone from the future and make him kill his grandparents and prevent him from being born.
Or my research really is wrong and time travel is just a one way trip to the future

Welcome to Paranormalis Akhilleusse, and yes the old Grandfather Paradox is still good to chat about and im sure a lot of our members will respond to you...I look forward to seeing more postings from you :)

JasperMoon

I heard that theory, too. But too many don't believe that. The "truth" is that conspiracy theorists and people who have been interviewed by Kerry Cassidy and Bill Ryan say just the opposite. People like Andrew Basiago have told stories like Andrew as a kid visited Lincoln during the time of the Civil War. Another story out there tells how time travelers went back to the time of the Cruxificion and have videos of the event! So, do I believe this theory? No. I think we can go back as far as the beginning of time. Billie Meier the UFO guy also stated his space friends took him back to the time of the dinosaurs. Does this answer your question?

Akhilleuss

I heard that theory, too. But too many don't believe that. The "truth" is that conspiracy theorists and people who have been interviewed by Kerry Cassidy and Bill Ryan say just the opposite. People like Andrew Basiago have told stories like Andrew as a kid visited Lincoln during the time of the Civil War. Another story out there tells how time travelers went back to the time of the Cruxificion and have videos of the event! So, do I believe this theory? No. I think we can go back as far as the beginning of time. Billie Meier the UFO guy also stated his space friends took him back to the time of the dinosaurs. Does this answer your question?
I think time dilation is the only way to "time travel" which is just a one way trip to the future. And i dont think you really answered my question. I also think that the "multiverse" is the only thing that can solve grandfather paradox. And i think ruling out multiverse theory will just give us a possible one way trip to future which is the closest you can get to "time travel"✌

AKNe

I would say you are being a little 'narrow minded' in your thought process. I don't mean that to sound rude just suggesting that you need to look at things from different perspectives.

Firstly, you talk about not being able to travel in time prior to a machine being invented. What if no machine is needed ? Perhaps there are natural portals throughout time, maybe they open and close at will, maybe they are permanently open and maybe something has to happen to trigger their opening.

With regards the Grandfather paradox, maybe you can only 'view' the past as a 'spirit' and cannot physically alter anything - whereas the future you could visit physically and do as you please, you could theoretically repeatedly go forward as often as you wanted to the same point and make repeated changes, until that point of time becomes past and thereby a fixed point.

Perhaps some UFOs are just visitors from the future, travelling back to observe key moments in time. There are theories that suggest that UFO sightings are often pre cursors to major historical events.

Akhilleuss

I would say you are being a little 'narrow minded' in your thought process. I don't mean that to sound rude just suggesting that you need to look at things from different perspectives.

Firstly, you talk about not being able to travel in time prior to a machine being invented. What if no machine is needed ? Perhaps there are natural portals throughout time, maybe they open and close at will, maybe they are permanently open and maybe something has to happen to trigger their opening.

With regards the Grandfather paradox, maybe you can only 'view' the past as a 'spirit' and cannot physically alter anything - whereas the future you could visit physically and do as you please, you could theoretically repeatedly go forward as often as you wanted to the same point and make repeated changes, until that point of time becomes past and thereby a fixed point.

Perhaps some UFOs are just visitors from the future, travelling back to observe key moments in time. There are theories that suggest that UFO sightings are often pre cursors to major historical events.
This is a very good answer and it answered some questions that i have in mind and clearly i didnt research enough.
My english comprehension is still bad and i didnt understand some part of your answer so you maybe answered it already and i just missed it. My main question really is, is it possible to time travel to the future and back to present physically? Thanks for all the response guys. I really appreciate

AKNe

This is a very good answer and it answered some questions that i have in mind and clearly i didnt research enough.
My english comprehension is still bad and i didnt understand some part of your answer so you maybe answered it already and i just missed it. My main question really is, is it possible to time travel to the future and back to present physically? Thanks for all the response guys. I really appreciate

At the moment I would say it is an inexact science, mostly theoretical. Chances are their will be more than one 'correct' answer.

Akhilleuss

At the moment I would say it is an inexact science, mostly theoretical. Chances are their will be more than one 'correct' answer.
Thank you.
By the way do i have to do something after the thread is resolved?

Dragonchaser

Yes the portals do exist at various different points scattered throughout the universe / multiverse . Only a chosen few are able to access and control it .

TO the OP :
Whether a machine is able or not I do not know .

And no you do not have to do anything after the thread issue has been resolved . Maybe after sometime someone may bring new perspective to the case . ???

TimeFlipper

Thank you.
By the way do i have to do something after the thread is resolved?
Hi again..We have several topics to choose from the main screen, why not take a look at some of them and maybe join in?....All of us are not only interested in time-travel, but other subjects too :)