Time travel to the past

samzeman

The only way to have a system rugged enough to avoid paradoxes is to have multiple timelines, as I'm sure you know, but there's also another point at which you could stop paradoxes, and that's like when the paradox is taking effect. It could be that it is simply impossible to do anything in your past that would deter you from time travelling, like your grandad is invincible in the grandfather paradox or something. The fact that spontaneous combustion happens, and that quantum phenomena can affect things on a classical level /Extremely rarely/ means that there's enough room in our (everyone's) current idea of physics that freak events can prevent a paradox.

So, single stream travel might be a thing. If you don't believe the many worlds hypothesis (in quantum physics (which many reputable scientists even don't, or are holding back judgement, since it's a theory after all)) then there is an alternative that events either contrive to stop a paradox, or they're set in stone from the start and any time travel was actually not changing the past but just happening as it always happened, and the memories in your head of the previous timeline aren't real and never were.

Sorry I got carried away lol. but..... I've narrowed down the answer to either Yes or No. Does that help at all. /s

EDIT: That said, it is /far/ easier and much more dependable to change your life in orthodox, well-known ways, like starting jogging in the morning or something. lol