Timeline without Christianity

Gnostic Christian

Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty?

It would not be an argument that Jesus would entertain.The promotion of punishment is not part of the nature of Jesus.

Christians seem to think that Jesus took the punishment for sinners with his sacrifice/suicide on the cross. IOW, Christians see Jesus as asking Christians to abdicate their responsibility for their own sins and punishments.

You're just pidgeon holing your assumptions of all Christians. That's poor logic. Especially in this case. The primary(worldview) reason for Christ's crucifiction is a result of a crime against the populous. Nowhere in the canon does it say that people should ignore or abdicate their responsibilities. If fact, even a cursory reading would show that He opposes that behavior.

These quotes are what I think Jesus would have taught on this issue, him being a Jewish Rabbi.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Absolutely true. The nature of God repeatedly shows throughout the Bible. There is no indication that Jesus(being God et. al) would sway from Old Testament nature.

yet Christians are doing just that in trying to use Jesus as their scapegoat.

Once again, don't presume all... You may be surprised by what you find. Christianity should never be an excuse, ever.

You ignore the dogma that says Jesus died for our sins.

If you want to exempt some of the 3,000 denominations, go ahead and cherry pick.

At least you are erring on the mural side which is not the Christian side.

Regards
DL

NIXIE

Take your fantasy thinking and know that Superman will prevail to save us from the genocidal prick you idol worship.

See, I can use the same imaginary thinking you live with.

What is it with you fascist?

Regards
DL

what are you talking about all the same stuff for if you consider it "Fantasy" ?
go home you strange thing

Last edited:

SinisterThinking

You ignore the dogma that says Jesus died for our sins.

Not at all, it didn't seem to be part of the conversation. The frame of reference was the reason for the crucifixion. Only to Christians did God sacrifice his Son for the sins of man. To everyone else, he was a criminal facing criminal charges.

If you want to exempt some of the 3,000 denominations, go ahead and cherry pick.

Name three and how I am exempting them. I'll wait.

At least you are erring on the mural side which is not the Christian side.

Make no mistake, I am absolutely Christian. The difference between me and many other Christians is that I don't require someone to tell me what "Jesus meant here..." or flip between the Gospels and Levitical law. Why? Because I know how to read and everything. People should just read the Bible and skip every book that starts with "The Annotated...."

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

what are you talking about all the same stuff for if you consider it "Fantasy" ?
go home you strange thing

I am talking of the harm you and your vile type continue to do.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL

SinisterThinking

I agree that all should read the bible.

That would kill Christianity.

No, it would just make the playing field level.

As a fan of the Apochrypha, I definitely understand your point. In fact, my belief in Christ came from the Book of Thomas. I was however, forward thinking enough to understand that the Council of Trent required obedience from the people. THAT pissed off the Gnostics. So the dislike of "THE CHURCH" remains to this day. However, it would be silly to assume that Gnosticism is the end all.

Gnostic Christian

No, it would just make the playing field level.

As a fan of the Apochrypha, I definitely understand your point. In fact, my belief in Christ came from the Book of Thomas. I was however, forward thinking enough to understand that the Council of Trent required obedience from the people. THAT pissed off the Gnostics. So the dislike of "THE CHURCH" remains to this day. However, it would be silly to assume that Gnosticism is the end all.

In my search for the best all inclusive ideology, Gnostic Christianity stands out as the best.

Obedience to good rules was not why Gnostic Christians split from Christians.

Adoration of a genocidal son murdering prick of a god was.

We, unlike Christians, call evil evil.

Christians and Muslims call evil good.

If you know of a better ideology than Gnostic Christianity, please name it, as Gnostic Christianity is a progressive evolving religion that seek better perpetually. It is about the only creed that happily changes it's morals if a better view is seen.

That aspect is why we hold the best ideology. We are happy to evolve away from our 3,000 year old war gods.

Regards
DL

SinisterThinking

In my search for the best all inclusive ideology, Gnostic Christianity stands out as the best.

Obedience to good rules was not why Gnostic Christians split from Christians.

Adoration of a genocidal son murdering prick of a god was.

We, unlike Christians, call evil evil.

Christians and Muslims call evil good.

Regards
DL
I'd do some more searching... Oh and BTW., why do you call yourself "Gnostic Christian"? I'm pretty sure there is no such thing. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:

Gnostic Christian

I'd do some more searching... Oh and BTW., why do you call yourself "Gnostic Christian"? I'm pretty sure there is no such thing. I could be wrong though.

You are wrong.

Where do you suggest I look, given that I have researched most of the religions and thinking systems?

You allude to something better. yet offer nothing, even as you know little of Gnostic Christianity.

Regards
DL

NaturalPhilosopher

don't bother with gnostic
he's here to pester

most people can't handle the isolation, humiliation of an awakening.
they are correct in most of their discoveries but they become highly negative as a result.