Timeline without Christianity

alpha centauri

I discovered a video about a supposedly timeline without Christianity. The story was received by Terrence McKenna during a mushroom trip.

Quotes from the video:
Greek science did not suffer the suppression that occurred with the conversion of Constantine; the Academies were not closed; the Hermetic knowledge was not repressed. Conversely, the Empire was stronger, and was able to repel the barbarian invasions of the 2nd to the 5th century, and mathematics, which had halted in our world at Diophantus, proceed through his disciple Hypatia to develop a calculus by AD 370. So that the millennium of Christian stasis that occurred in our world did not occur in that world.

As time passed, and engineering advances occurred, by around 850 they had ships that were able to cross the Atlantic Ocean. And they encountered the Mayan civilization reaching its fullest flower in Guatemala and in the Yucatan peninsula. In fact, in this vision I saw the Roman Emperor Cosmodorus the Fifth make a pilgrimage to Tikal in 920 to be present at the coronation of a king at the end of Baktun 8. Anyway, this Greco-Roman imperial culture immediately recognized the genius of the Mayans in mathematics and astronomy, and Europe was… transformed, into an amalgamation, a Greco-Mayan civilization, and this civilization continued to develop.

Now one of the influences which the Mayans brought into Europe around the year 950 was their extremely sophisticated psychopharmacopeia, and shamanism. And this mated with Neoplatonism and Hermeticism, so that rather than science developing as it developed in our world, a kind of magical, psychopharmacolytic technology of thought and understanding was what was developed over the centuries. And in later centuries, centuries before it happened in our world, they contacted the Orient, and the dynastic influence of the Sung poured itself into the creation of a global civilization. Such that, by around 1200 AD they were able to land on the moon, and create a cybernetic global civilization similar to the kind we have now.

What are your opinions about it?

How do you think the world would have evolved without Christianity?

You could like the video. @Gnostic Christian

Gnostic Christian

What are your opinions about it?

The part you quoted? Fantasy.

I have no opinion on the world in total without Christianity.

I could speculate just a bit though and say that if Christianity had not helped usher in the Dark Ages of thought for 1,000 years, our collective moral sense would have progressed a lot faster.

Reading their myths literally is still causing problems for gays and women.

I will check you link and see if I need to say more. Thanks for it though.

Regards
DL

NIXIE

The world could not have been without God and the world would not have continued much further without The Son of God.
It is God's Love, God's Sacrifice/Salvation, God's Truth and even God's Justice (or the influence of those things) that people of the world need to correct us in our imperfect ways and paths. We are imperfect, God is perfect. Jesus Christ really is real, anyone that denies it is evil in ignorance, still deceived by satan or unexposed to/unwilling to accept God's truth because of stubborn pride.

Gnostic Christian

The world could not have been without God and the world would not have continued much further without The Son of God.
It is God's Love, God's Sacrifice/Salvation, God's Truth and even God's Justice (or the influence of those things) that people of the world need to correct us in our imperfect ways and paths. We are imperfect, God is perfect. Jesus Christ really is real, anyone that denies it is evil in ignorance, still deceived by satan or unexposed to/unwilling to accept God's truth because of stubborn pride.

Moral people do not think as you do because we know that you are evil if you abdicate your own responsibility for your actions.

On Jesus dying for you.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for you, after condemning you unjustly in the first place.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fiber as Yahweh.

Regards
DL

NIXIE

dude take it easy on the meth and cheetos. I think the orange scum is getting to you or something; maybe filling in the spaces where brain synapses should be taking place.

EPHESIANS 5
2 And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

1 CORINTHIANS 5
7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.

Romans 3:23-26
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—
26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

1 John 2:2

Hebrews 10:10

Hebrews 13:15-16

I could go on supplying ample verses to try to help you understand, but you are unwilling to see the truth about Jesus... Crazy how you still go ahead and try to use scripture to disprove the whole truth of Jesus Christ being The Son of the True God... ??? That is just like so insane man, I just have to say.. haha but thanks for helping me to laugh at least.

Last edited:

alpha centauri

The part you quoted? Fantasy.

I have no opinion on the world in total without Christianity.

I could speculate just a bit though and say that if Christianity had not helped usher in the Dark Ages of thought for 1,000 years, our collective moral sense would have progressed a lot faster.

Reading their myths literally is still causing problems for gays and women.

I will check you link and see if I need to say more. Thanks for it though.
Thanks for the answer.

I have never thought, that everything is literal in the bible. I changed my opinion, when I talked to a hermetic student. He said, that a lot of the things are true and Jesus will come again. I think , this is rare, that someone believes in everything. I am still not sure, what to believe, but I dont believe the whole story of McKenna, because of the alien thing, the Tunguska event and Jesus. That things have different reason, than he explained, as far as I know. So I think the rest is also not completely true. But the story is interesting.

I am sure, the extraterrestrials flying in UFOs, that are from other time-streams are a great minority or non-existent. I know a lot of people, that claim they have contact to real extraterrestrials. I hope that someone will disclose these things. probably the US. Because China and Russia will not do it and i think the EU is not allowed, because they are a minor power.

The former president has already told, that there are beings from other planets, that are concerned about the devlopment of the EU. I dont think he lied. Soft disclosure ;).

Moral people do not think as you do because we know that you are evil if you abdicate your own responsibility for your actions.

On Jesus dying for you.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for you, after condemning you unjustly in the first place.

Love transforms hate. That you can experience for yourself. Dying on the cross is the ultimate love. But it is stupid, because the incarnation is over and you cannot help others anymore. As far as I know, magicians can take the karma of others, but then they have to experience the effects. I was told, that has happened in the past. Otherwise our planet would have had some serious catastrophes. I think Jesus has done the same and was one of them. Jesus was positive, that is for sure.

Last edited:

OakFieldAlienz444

It would be a mixed bag IMO.
On the one hand people would be more "real" and true to themselves.
On the other hand people would act more on impulse and less on whether something is right or wrong.
You really need a little bit of both types of reasoning.

Gnostic Christian

Thanks for the answer.

I have never thought, that everything is literal in the bible. I changed my opinion, when I talked to a hermetic student. He said, that a lot of the things are true and Jesus will come again. I think , this is rare, that someone believes in everything. I am still not sure, what to believe, but I dont believe the whole story of McKenna, because of the alien thing, the Tunguska event and Jesus. That things have different reason, than he explained, as far as I know. So I think the rest is also not completely true. But the story is interesting.

I am sure, the extraterrestrials flying in UFOs, that are from other time-streams are a great minority or non-existent. I know a lot of people, that claim they have contact to real extraterrestrials. I hope that someone will disclose these things. probably the US. Because China and Russia will not do it and i think the EU is not allowed, because they are a minor power.

The former president has already told, that there are beings from other planets, that are concerned about the devlopment of the EU. I dont think he lied. Soft disclosure .;)

Love transforms hate. That you can experience for yourself. Dying on the cross is the ultimate love. But it is stupid, because the incarnation is over and you cannot help others anymore. As far as I know, magicians can take the karma of others, but then they have to experience the effects. I was told, that has happened in the past. Otherwise our planet would have had some serious catastrophes. I think Jesus has done the same and was one of them. Jesus was positive, that is for sure.

The Gnostic Jesus sure was, but not the Rome created piece of garbage Jesus attached to Yahweh.
by todays Christianity. That Jesus and Christianity are fascist.

Jesus is to return and kill all those who refuse to follow him.

Are you looking forwards to the return of a tyrant and evil god?

Will you bend the knee to Satan?

Regards
DL