Timeline without Christianity

Gnostic Christian

It is curious! I actually blame Christians for most of it. That's why I always like to set ground rules prior to any conversation. Yes, suffering would happen it would just be something else.

Yes.

Natural and normal and should likely be celebrated just like our tribalism and racism.

I agree that the most unpleasant posters are whatever is left of the people who believe in supernatural entities.

Happily, they are dropping like flies.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

I think it should be comparable. The Atheists and Christians of the same country.
except when there are religious laws. Because those laws are made to oppress Non-believers.

The stats are not right. The peace index is so positive in some countries, because they have not that much military. And that is the same reason why the USA is worse because they have military stationed in Europe and around the world and therefore a high cost.

Jesus has abolished slavery and the cruel laws. Islam defends Muhammed no matter what he has done. So slavery is either something good or they do not talk about the topic. And Muhammed as a person is not condemned for this behaviour.

Sexism is normal in Islam. That is also the case in right wing Christianity, but not that intense. You are not allowed to beat your women as far as I know. That is something the Koran encourages and allows for educating the wife and therefore it is done by right wings.

Right wing Muslim countries and right wing Muslims kill people that abandon Islam. That is not a law in Christianity. In Islam it is a law. But people that convert to Islam do not get killed in Sharia countries.
So it is a Muslim superiority law. There is no equality.

In right-wing Christianity, you should love everybody, because of the law "love your enemies" and "love your neighbor as yourself". In Islam, you sould only love your kin, the laws of love do not exist there and you should treat Muslims better than others. There are a couple of laws in the Koran that show that. That is a open xenophobic behaviour. Muhammed was a cultural racist. Jesus was the opposite.

Muhammed was a violent mass murderer and he preached hate against everybody exept his own group. And that behaviour is viewed as something good, because they see Muhammed as an example.
Jesus preached non-violence, also loved the outsiders of society and the enemies.

I could go on and on. But you would not read it. The greatest differences are in the behaviour of Jesus and Muhammed. Muhammed has violated nearly every human right and was a slaveholding imperialist, colonialist and a disgusting person in general. Jesus was nearly without flaws.

I read enough to know that you do not know what you are talking about.

I E. Jesus never talked about slavery.

If you do not begin with the right facts buddy, you will likely miss the mark of your conclusions.

Regards
DL

dimension-1hacker

IOW, evil/suffering etc is normal. Right?

It must have value to our evolution then, or it would have gone dormant, like our tails.

Let's celebrate evil as normal then.

Regards
DL
evil is a subjective turn, though it can be urking when people that adopted moral systems that are against violence promote a religion that avocates violence.

dimension-1hacker

Yes.

Natural and normal and should likely be celebrated just like our tribalism and racism.

I agree that the most unpleasant posters are whatever is left of the people who believe in supernatural entities.

Happily, they are dropping like flies.

Regards
DL
perhaps, are you happy though that they probally will, most people will be uneployed in the next twenty years because of robotic advancements; most of those types of people will not have enough money to survive as food prices by then will probally be skyrocketing because of frequent droughts and the farm lands lack of nutrient level because of the lack of farm land improving farming techniques.

Last edited:

Gnostic Christian

evil is a subjective turn, though it can be urking when people that adopted moral systems that are against violence promote a religion that avocates violence.

Well put.

Levels of evil are indeed subjective.

I am French, so please see this as more of a linguistic question, but ; if I adore a genocidal god, like Yahweh, am I not automatically advocating an objective evil, geocide?

Regards
DL

dimension-1hacker

Well put.

Levels of evil are indeed subjective.

I am French, so please see this as more of a linguistic question, but ; if I adore a genocidal god, like Yahweh, am I not automatically advocating an objective evil, geocide?

Regards
DL
what do you mean?
also, meant that there are different levels of something and that the levels are subjective including the thing itself
In some societies what you consider evil is considered good and what you consider good is considered evil by most people in those societies.

Gnostic Christian

perhaps, are you happy though that they probally will, most people will be uneployed in the next twenty years because of robotic advancements; most of those types of people will not have enough money to survive as food prices by then will probally be skyrocketing because of frequent droughts and the farm lands lack of nutrient level because of the lack of farm land improving farming techniques.

Relax. Things are forecasted to be fine. That or we will likely be extinct.

The planet is now our master.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

what do you mean?
also, meant that there are different levels of something and that the levels are subjective including the thing itself
In some societies what you consider evil is considered good and what you consider good is considered evil by most people in those societies.

Is adoring genocidal characters like Yahweh or Hitler good ideas that you want floating around your neighborhood?

Regards
DL

dimension-1hacker

Relax. Things are forecasted to be fine. That or we will likely be extinct.

The planet is now our master.

Regards
DL
The advancement in robotics in the next year is forcecasted by many analysts will allow robots to do over 70% of the jobs humans are doing and don't have do be payed so obviously over 70% would be unemployed. True that global warming, famine, and so on could cause close to or complete extinction but that is a might.

dimension-1hacker

Is adoring genocidal characters like Yahweh or Hitler good ideas that you want floating around your neighborhood?

Regards
DL
Not describing my ethical system but the subjectiveness of moral systems on a philosophical and logic basis, your morals only depend on the culture you were born in.
It would be interesting though to go to a different timeline where germany won the war, which if they did not make obvious mistakes would of taken over europe and then us because of their complaciency would of. just for the sake of seeing
Personally, am a history buff just like reading any other awesome book, the move to take over russia was not well planned and declaring war against the us was not logical.
The early military takeovers were ingenius, and the political manuvering was superb, and the quick take over of the most large european countries was like napoleaon take over of most of europe.

Last edited: