Chronovisor [TimeTravelForum.net] Peragro - May 16, Peragro Introduction/Posts

KiraSjon

The Time Travel Library

The Time Travel Library! The world's largest archive of time travel information available on the Internet.
IPB
The Time Travel Library
HelpSearchMembersCalendar
Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Time Travel Library > Time Travel Hoaxers > Peragro Hoax > Bulletin Board Posts

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+
> Peragro - May 16, Peragro Introduction/Posts

Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
KiraSjon post Sep 24 2004, 07:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Librarian
Member No.: 6

Posted: May 16 2004, 12:45 AM

I am to be known as peragro.

After arriving in this time no more than a month ago, I have found my way to this forum of thought and ideas. Not sure if this place is for the believer or the fiction reader, I decided this would be a well balanced place to take a much needed break.

I am from the year 74, which would equate to approximately the year 2109 using your gregorian calendar system. (by approximately 2030-2040 the world as a whole will switch to the Lunar calendar of 13 moons).

Where to start? I was one of 45 volunteers for what is believed to have been the first travel of time through my timeline. In the end I was chosen because of my research in religion of all things. With my knowledge of history and religion, it was believed that I would be best suited at 'blending in'. The purpose of this trip was simply to find out if it was possible... I am the first human subject.

I have been in the United States of America for 23 days and I shall remain here until Crystal 2 (May 31). I was brought to this forum after my own research lead me to something I did not expect to find. I found the logs of the man named John Titor who claimed to have been a time traveler from the 2030's and I was quite surprised by his knowledge/guess in the field of history. Unfortunely, I can't validate his claims as his supposed method of travel differs greatly from mine.

Ultimately, his story made me start wondering how far from my timeline I have drifted (I have constantly been reading your history books in an attempt to find an event that does not coincide with the ones in the history I have learned. So far I have found nothing.)

I only take the time to speak to you because of my own curiosity. I would have loved an opportunity such as this when I was a child. I hope we can both learn from each other during my time here.

Posted: May 16 2004, 08:56 AM

I understand your skepticism, however, after a small amount of research I have found that the lunar calendar is already being used in this time by a few people. I found this site: Tortuga Travel Backpacks and Accessories

I should state that the name Crystal is not universal, months are represented by symbols and each language has different names for these symbols. Crystal just happens to be the English name for the 12th month (there are 13).

I will fill out your form and answer any and all questions.

These are the names we use:

Magnetic, Lunar, Electric, Amber, Tone, Rhythmic, Resonant, Galactic, Solar, Planetary, Spectral, Crystal, Cosmic.

Posted: May 16 2004, 09:17 AM

Location Then: ( Or now if you are from this time period)

1) I worked as a professor in Religion and History in middle America. I have a mother who is now a retired nurse.
2) Above
3) I enjoy playing the piano

Who you are:

1) I would like to be called Peragro, after the project name which sent me here.
2) I speak English and some Spanish
3) I have training in religion and history

The Trip:

1) I left 10-21.74
2) Method of time travel
I will save this for later, as I am sure I will be asked many times.

This Forum:
1) While researching your timeline I found the story of John Titor, which lead me here.
2) Research and curiosity
3) To learn and have fun

Location now:
( Or that you went to )
1) Missouri, United States of America
1b) Hotel
2) I live with nobody
3) I was given a false identity for the trip.
4) Probably anything if given enough time.

Posted: May 16 2004, 03:02 PM

Enigmawriter,

I am 29 years old and was born on 5-31.45 (Around 2080). Both the gregorian calendar and lunar calendar have 365 days in a year. However, the lunar calendar is more efficient at organizing time. If you noticed that my birthday also happens to be my return date, there is a reason. I chose this date as a symbol of the re-birth into my time.

My time is known as the age where technology is reborn. Sadly, your time is known for being the peak of technology. Not much more is known in my time than will be known in the next ten years of your life.

As for society in general, the United States of America is no more. It will become part of the World Union and we simply call it Middle America. I can elaborate more on this topic later.

You asked if I have ever travelled before and the answer is no. I am the first known human traveller. The first known traveller was actually a german shepherd, but that is a topic all to its self. And it will definitely be told soon.

As for movies, they are still made and they are popular (although probably not by your standards). I have not heard of the movies you asked about, but I am not a huge fan of the movies. I hardly watch them. In fact, most people read or attend plays for enjoyment in my time.

And lastly, the war with Iraq. It really depends on what you mean by 'will it end'. As I said before, I specialize in Religion and even in my time that area of the world is still dominated by Islam. In fact, it is still known as 'Iraq'. I can tell you this much, your country has started a chain of events that is still felt in my time and it has only just started. In 2005-2006 civil unrest will occur in the states when G. Bush calls for one of the largest drafts in world history. This will be the fall of the United States. You can not fight a world war and a war with yourselves at the same time.

I am sorry for putting so much information in such a short response, but I wanted to answer you as quick as I could.

The name Peragro is actually the name for the research project that brought me here. I believe it means: "To travel through".

Posted: May 16 2004, 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Phoenix @ May 16 2004, 04:34 PM)
What are some of your favorite pieces to play on the piano?

Are there any new composers and schools of music in your time?

Also how does your false identity alow you to get food and shelter in present day Missouri?

I enjoy listening to to classical piano, and that is what I try to play. However, I am not the greatest in the world. When I saw the question "what hobbies do you like", it was the first thing that I thought of.

My false identity is simply a drivers license and social security card. These obviously allow me to check in to hotels. I was given money (actual U.S. bills from this time, not fakes) before I left as well.

As for PyRo99,

Yes, Kerry will lose. To tell the truth I did not even remember his name until I got here. G. Bush is a well known American President in my time, but his opponent is not.

I never said there was a civil war (the 'war with yourself' that I spoke of is not truly an all out war). There is civil unrest, but it never turned into a civil war. There might have been, but in 2008 the war finds its way to America. People who did not join the govt. basically ran away. But to answer your question, the draft sparks the split in the U.S.A.

(The real problem for the people does not come from the draft itself) The true spark to the fall of technology does not come from the world becoming a nuclear battlefield, it comes from the decline in oil production. I found a site during some quick research that almost has it right: http://www.americanassembler.com/issues/pe...l/peak_oil.html

The oil peak is thought to have been reached during 2004-2006.

I will continue to answer more questions as they appear.

Posted: May 16 2004, 08:17 PM

Well, for starters we only have about 4.5 billion people alive in my time. The most radical shift that you would notice would be the decline in monotheistic religions and the rise of Buddhism. Christianity is still the largest religion, followed by Islam, but Buddhism is number three. There have been no real religious discoveries or proposed theories between now and then. However, use of drugs such as LSD and hallucinogenic mushrooms number in the millions of people in Middle America alone. People take these drugs during large meditation gatherings.

Religion in this time is thought of as being the first truly worldwide clash of religion. Islam vs. Christianity was the topic of more than a few classes I taught.

Posted: May 16 2004, 09:42 PM

I will try to touch on all of your questions, if I miss one or I am not clear enough, please let me know.

Frog asked:

1. what kind of learning is taught in your time?

The same subjects that are taught now, however most children are taught in the home. There are public schools of thought, which is where I work. They are basically like universities in your time, but free to all. I lived off of donations.

2. what do you eat and drink in your time?

Organic home grown foods for the most part. (That is what I eat. There are still restaurants and grocery stores.

3. do you have any pets in your time?

I do not, but many people keep animals as pets.

4. do you have time machines and teleporters in your time?

To my knowledge I am the only one.

Posted: May 16 2004, 09:59 PM

QUOTE (sosumee2 @ May 16 2004, 08:45 PM)
Welcome Peragro!

My questions are:

1. You arrived here 23 days ago and will be leaving in 15 more days. You are located in Missouri. Are you here to watch a particular event unfold during this time and that place? I'm a bit concerned because I am near your location.

2. Will the 2004 Olympics go on as scheduled? Will there be another Olympics or will this be the last for some time?

3. Do people from your time feel that during this time period we are lazy and ignorant to what is going on around us?

Thank you and I hope you enjoy your temporary stay here. (Also, get to the Ozarks before you leave...it's beautiful this time of year!)

(Deleted previous question. Will not ask it again. I only asked to compare to what Alix and/or Max had said. If I remember it was that event that clinched Bush's re-election)

I have no worries letting you know that I am currently in the Ozark mountains with you. The only thing you will have to worry about in the future is famine and govt. control. No bombs ever hit this area. (This might be a good time to let you know that the main reason for picking this spot is just that. It is one of the safest places in Middle America to be in right now. This time period was picked for two reasons: A. It is safer than trying to jump into the future, because it is already known. B. It is more like my time than any other time. Blending in becomes easier.)

As for the olympics, I am not a sports fan. However, I can definitely tell you that the olympics do not end anytime soon. What I do believe happens (if my memory is correct), is that far less countries compete as time goes on.

"3. Do people from your time feel that during this time period we are lazy and ignorant to what is going on around us?"

This is a hard question to answer. I have some friends that would say yes, your time was lazy and ignorant, but I disagree. My belief is that you got caught up in a snowball effect of technology that started in the early 1900's. You went too far too quick until it finally caught up with you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Bulletin Board Posts · Next Newest »
Enter Keywords

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

|---- Bulletin Board Posts

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th November 2004 - 01:38 AM