Chronovisor [TimeTravelForum.tk] A Time Travel Essay, This is a Work in progress mind you.

ToxicRevival

1702412104713.png

The Time Travel Forum (http://www.TimeTravelForum.tk) -> A Time Travel Essay

Welcome To The Time Travel Forum!! This Site Is NOW *Officially* Live!!! Remember To READ THE FORUM RULES Before You Post Anything!! ... IF YOU'RE A *REAL* TIME TRAVELLER, PLEASE CONTACT US HERE - WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!! CONTACT ME - FAX/VOICEMAIL: 1-309-4020-451, EMAIL: [email protected]

· Forum Rules · Portal Help Search Members Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Contact Us
Gavin (Admin): FAX/VOICEMAIL NUMBER: 1-309-4020-451, EMAIL: [email protected]
Search:
All Products
Keywords:
Go
The Time Travel Forum (http://www.TimeTravelForum.tk)->Could These People Be REAL TIME-TRAVELLERS?->Are Time-Travellers REALLY Among Us?

A Time Travel Essay, This is a Work in progress mind you.
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
ToxicRevival Posted: Feb 11 2004, 02:00 PM

Time Travel Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 339

Traveling through timeis a rather simple thing to do. Most of us travel along the strings of time by our memories alone, we recall things from 30 years ago with suprising clarity, though most of the time if asked what we had for breakfast the morning before, your recollection of events becomes muddled and unclear. This alone is enough to give me the idea that the further back we go, the easier time travel is. Our minds and memories are almost identical to the way time works. The past is clear and precise, already set into stone as opposed to the future which is a muddled world of "What if's" and "could be's". If time were a spiders web; the center of wich being whatever version of the creation of the universe you prescribe to, at the outer most circle or ring of this web the lines are frayed, seperated like the split end's of a chewed toothpick. Once time moves foward and chooses it's path the "strands" of time become solid and unchangeable, though you could In theory go back and warn of some future event, Time would in my view protect itself and in the end remain largely unchanged.

What supports this theory is that today's so called Time Travellers warn us of future events that are if though about extremely pluasible, preying on believers like A warped Maddam Cleo, Using Psychological tricks and common sense and pawning it off like predictions, why warn of this war that most TT's say is coming, (There is always a war bound to happen.)Why not go back even further and warn about 9,1,1 OR Hitler's reign? Why not warn of the columbia's fall from the sky? or other such mishapes that are equally important, why not warn instead of war, a ecological mishape? They use excuses about of morality and ethics, but are they not corrupting these same ideolagies by warning us of this inevitable doomsday, Or better yet, contacting us at all. Just once I would like to see a "Time Traveller" warn us of a species of animal, or plant going extinct cuasing a massive ecological breakdown, (I assume after writing this we will see just that.) I would also like to see a time traveller provide some precise diagram of a energy source better than we have now, or of some other modern breakthrough, Or perhapse even a explenation of how their time machine actually works on the inside,what makes it tick, the precision components required.

Excuses for this one are always usually "So you know every working component of your car?" or some such nonsense, Well to tell the truth no I don't but ask me about the inner workings of a computer and I can provide you with every detail about its workings down to every capacitor and circuit in the damnedable things or better yet, the internet, I could give youa map of every network connected to it if you wanted. Furthermore I would think a time travel organization would be like NASA. There chrononaughts undergoing intense training and forced to know the inner workings of their craft, just like the astronaughts must incase of a emergency situation. Has anyone ever even considered this? If anything wrong happened to their time travel vehicle/device how would they repair it? Would whatever govt. or company/organization just shrug there collective shoulders at the loss of what has to be a extremely expensive piece of machinery, or a highly trained Time traveller? All these things I have mentioned above make me think we have yet to meet a real time traveller.

more to come

As always critique would be extremely appreciated as I have wrote this for all of your reading pleasure.

Patrick D. Quinn CCNA

--------------------
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

cole Posted: Feb 26 2004, 01:04 AM

NSA

Member No.: 603

i think you make an excellent point indeed, i agree 100%. Why would they be sending back uneducated peoples and kids to save the world from some war or disaster? I too believe that a chrononaught would be a well trained, well educated person. If i travelled back in time, i would take 3 items to prove beyond a doubt my truth
1. A sports almanac or some book with written documentation about specific events.

2. Some electronic or technilogical device that i understood the workings of...I.E. a pocket pc to the early 60's.

3. Scientific literature that would be more advanced, but somewhat understandable, I.E. taking Stephen Hawkings works to Einstien.

How can one be so smart and prepared to travel through time and not think of any of this!?

Anubis Posted: Feb 26 2004, 10:50 PM

The Jackal

Member No.: 614

One point i would like to add, perhaps it would be smart to take back a bible and some newspapers or current documents. Givin the earths religious nature, proof that religious events have occured in your time may win over those skeptical of a religous nature. For the scientific community of any time period, i feel that perhaps photographs or other proofs of astronomical events would be essential as well as those events have been accurately predicted for centuries. The sprots almanac is a fantastic idea as well. I must also completely agree with toxicrevival.

Himitsu Posted: Mar 3 2004, 04:07 AM

Member No.: 641

I apologize for not reading your entire post, toxic, but I'm actually going to sleep soon and don't have the time. Ah...doesn't that word catch your eye more than usual on this forum?

Anyway, one reason we remember the past easier then the future is...

Usually things you remember in the past with great clarity is because it's stored in your long-term memory. And, when you are reminded of something that happened far in the past you probably didn't consciously try to remember it. It was most likely a situation you were in that caused you to remember that.

What happened was that something tied to the long term memory happened in your current life which then chained back to that memory. For example...

If you went to Disney World when you were five and rode that Dumbo Ride...you know with the elephants that go around in Magic Kingdom?
Well, there is one...

Since that's a fairly significant scenario (especially to a young child) it will probably stand out in your memory for a couple weeks perhaps even a month. However, during that month, most likely something will happen to you that will remind you of that event and resinforce it into your mind. Like, a few days when you get back from disney relatives/parents/toddler friends may ask you what you did. This will cause you to remember Disney including the Dumbo Ride. Then...a couple weeks later you'll probably reference back to that if someone else asks you what you did. Even seeing a Disney movie will remind you. Each time you are reminded the memory is reinforced even more. Over the years things will probably happen to you which have a remote correlation to that Dumbo Ride.

This is how long-term memory works. Something that happens to you is linked to something which is linked to something else, etc. So, throughout your life, some random thing could happen which reminds you of that past experience allowing you to recall. However, when trying to remember what you had for dinner to nights ago will be very difficult. This was a very minor event and you most likely didn't think about it at all after it happened or even perhaps while it was happening.

As a side note: I've had some experiences which I suppose you could consider time-traveling even though I doubt that it is but it could be one explanation.
For about half of my life so far I've had sleeping problems. Some nights I can't sleep at all and stay in a semi-awake state where my senses tend to fade in and out and where I feel myself falling asleep but then start to awaken. Sometimes I will be looking at the clock every 20 minutes or so when suddenly I will look at the clock and it'll be 4 hours later. Yeah, I could have fallen asleep but I don't feel at all as if I've waken up or if I've been sleeping. I don't recall any dreams or anything that happened within that four hour period. It seems as if I blink and it's hours later. I'm actually being admitted to a sleep clinic soon (it's about time. My parents haven't taken me too seriously until now) and they'll hopefully record my sleep and I could see if I'm actually asleep during those points where I 'lose time'.

I wrote alot. My eyes hurt.

-Himitsu

Edit:Jovial_Kitten removed a curse word. Uh Gavin,what's up with the word censor?

This post has been edited by jovial_kitten on Mar 3 2004, 05:06 AM

--------------------
How I so wish I could escape this restriction brought upon me since birth. I want to escape this rapture of reality we call life...

Phoenix Posted: Mar 3 2004, 01:42 PM

Time Travel Super Expert
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Team
Member No.: 21

Himitsu,

Welcome to our forum. I look foward to more posts by you. smile.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Are Time-Travellers REALLY Among Us? | Next Newest »

Topic Options

- Are Time-Travellers REALLY Among Us?

Hosted for free by InvisionFree (Terms of Service: Updated 9/10/03) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3.0e © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0895 seconds

Recommended Books/Videos! coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com
cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator: