Chronovisor [TimeTravelForum.tk] ok, this is why it isn't possible..., face it, stop kidding yourself...

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
1702413813487.png

Welcome To The Time Travel Forum!! This Site Is NOW *Officially* Live!!! Remember To READ THE FORUM RULES Before You Post Anything!! ... IF YOU'RE A *REAL* TIME TRAVELLER, PLEASE CONTACT US HERE - WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!! CONTACT ME - FAX/VOICEMAIL: 1-309-4020-451, EMAIL: [email protected]

· Forum Rules · Portal Help Search Members Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Contact Us
Gavin (Admin): FAX/VOICEMAIL NUMBER: 1-309-4020-451, EMAIL: [email protected]
Search:
All Products
Keywords:
Go
The Time Travel Forum (http://www.TimeTravelForum.tk)->Could These People Be REAL TIME-TRAVELLERS?->~ THE ONES WHO HAVE POSTED ON THIS SITE? ~

ok, this is why it isn't possible..., face it, stop kidding yourself...
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
realist Posted: Oct 9 2003, 11:21 PM

Unregistered

This is just my opinion, I don't think it's to hard to wrap around your mind.... this also applies to teleportation...

remember the movie "the fly"? you know how the one dude's body intertwines with the fly's....... well this would technically be true of all matter! Think about it, if you were to try and time travel, where would you....land, per se... you would have to replace SOMETHING, most likely (if you calculated correctly) air..... well, that is still matter, and something tells me that things wouldn't mesh together as nicely as you would want them to. I think most of you are intelligent to understand this and I don't need to go into further explanation.... honestly, I am just a regular guy and I am pretty stupid! wink.gif so who knows, maybe I'm missing something......but I think I'm just being more realistic than the rest of you....

another thing, time travel in itself seems to me an imposibilty... how could you keep your body (mind included) from growing young or old? if you went back, it seems that you would just end up in a previous part of your life (or later part, which is ultimatly impossible since you would have never lived it) and you would just re-live the exact same experiences, non?

meh, discuss! dry.gif
Phoenix Posted: Oct 10 2003, 12:35 AM

Time Travel Super Expert
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Team
Member No.: 21

Hahhaha

Welcome realist

I understand your logic and... it is fairly well grounded. Congrads on doing better at coming up with stuff better then a guy with an engineering degree could come up with.

Yes, if were you zapped instantenously into a space, the atoms of, hopefully air would mesh with yours.

Actually there is a possibility around that, hmmm two.

1) If your tunnel blew you out through a flat disk opening. You could be ok.

2) If you remained stationary and pushed through into the future or past.

These are my ideas on it.

Good one from you though.

Guest Posted: Oct 10 2003, 12:53 AM

Unregistered

ohhhh ok, i see (#2). you are thinking that it's not like a teleportation through time, but more of a speed of light sort of thing, right? like where stuff moves really slow (if you are moving faster) or fast..........eh.....don't think i needed to explain that, but whatever..... ok well that makes a bit of sense, if you were traveling to the future (slowed down time for yourself).........so if you slowed down time for yourself (in order to make things go faster around you thus throwing you into the future), would that mean that you would be frozen solid in one spot and the people around you would see you standing there lifeless for, say, 100 years (if you set the machine to go 100 years in the future)..... really strange concept, eh?

Ok, so since we are discusing this method of time travel (slowing or speeding up time around you/your own time) it seems that this would ONLY be possible to progress to the future (speed time around you), or make yourself grow older in a short amount of time (not time travel at all, lol).. the only other option would be to make time around you move backwards.......but, is this even possible?

thank you for being patient with me, I'm just trying to open my eyes to the ideas you all have.....

by the way, if you could reverse time around you, that would mean that you COULD take belongings with you, like a digital cam wink.gif (refering to someone else's post)

so in conclusion, the type of time travel i was thinking of was just like teleporting to a space in time....but it seems that I didnt think about the possibility of moving time around you, and staying in one spot........ confusing ****............. you know, it kind of reminds me of the langoleres (sorry i can't spell wink.gif ) by Stephen king.....
realist Posted: Oct 10 2003, 12:53 AM

Unregistered

by the way, that was me (the guest).....forgot to put a name....heh.....
Phoenix Posted: Oct 10 2003, 01:18 AM

Time Travel Super Expert
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Team
Member No.: 21

You are dead on what I meant by being stuck in time. smile.gif

And you even came up with what it would mean to go reverse. Somehow you have to convince the entire universe to perform backwards for you.

Now that is the theory aspect of it.

One of my friends, Opmmur, believes time travel involves magnetics, especially very high powered one.

In that frame of consideration lets see how the melding of atoms would play out.

In theory the magnetic pulse would vaporize the atoms of the space you were entering into as it spat you out. I suppose.

So that makes a third work around.

Now I still haven't adressed the age thing. The normal assumption is that there are two yous. But I do see the alternative idea you ae expressing it is just you at what ever time. I think slaughter house five is based on that type of time travel.

Yes I saw Langolear from Steven King too. smile.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | ~ THE ONES WHO HAVE POSTED ON THIS SITE? ~ | Next Newest »

Topic Options

- ~ THE ONES WHO HAVE POSTED ON THIS SITE? ~

Hosted for free by InvisionFree (Terms of Service: Updated 9/10/03) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3.0e © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0660 seconds

Recommended Books/Videos! coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com
cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator: