Titor Assumptions

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
How do we know Titor mentioned everything about his machine? If your thinking about the mass of the singularities, it is even possible that the machine could have collapsed in onto itself. It is possible that the machine had some sort of antigravity device in it, but was heavy due to its own weight and the titor's on the other side. (Can't remember how he explained it but it was words to that effect.)

I'll might post some of my other questioned assumptions later.

I'm thinking along the lines of a quick flicker. People assume that he's creating open black holes. And yes, I agree, not all the details of the device were given. Maybe he was from 2136 instead. We can't possibly assume that humans will never create time travel...ever.... If we went back to the 1700's and told people we were going to launch into space, they'd laugh. What about the year 3036? Can we assume there will be zero advances in physics in over 1000 years? Nope. I just don't believe his story was 100% true.

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
If the beliefs are false, then Titor's story is false too. Just be aware that Titor isn't the only one giving you misinformation. It's been going on throughout our lives.

Telling a false story doesn't automatically mean he isn't a time traveler.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
If the beliefs are false, then Titor's story is false too. Just be aware that Titor isn't the only one giving you misinformation. It's been going on throughout our lives.

Maybe, but telling a false story with the intent of creating belief, doesn't really engender my trust in him. Do you commonly believe what people say if you don't trust them?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Maybe, but telling a false story with the intent of creating belief, doesn't really engender my trust in him. Do you commonly believe what people say if you don't trust them?

That's another assumption. Why do we assume he is trustworthy? We don't know if he has malicious intent or not.

TimeNot_0

Larry Haber stated that on an Coast to Coast AM show, that Kay (name given) was Titor's mother.

Laws will not save anyone from an Extinction Level Event (or even N-war perhaps), only Science and associated education will.

TimeNot_0

Most people (95%) state that they are Christians. (that is why most people will be believed until something else comes to light about the subject).

But anyway, what's for dinner? (breakfast or lunch?)
Excuse me I have to check the Food Safety Recalls first!

Food Recalls | Food Safety News

Nope, not hot dogs!
;)

Earthmasque

While I understand what you're saying, I have to say that you're not thinking that through.
For example, I could say I was a time traveller, couldn't I? That gives me instant credibility as a time traveller in your view. In fact, my credibility as a time traveller would instantly be greater than Titor's, since I've not made a single incorrect prediction.
Now, wehat happens if I tell you I'm not a time traveller? Why, that would mean that I could be a time traveller.
Obviously, the idea that I'm not a time traveller would be more trustworthy than if Titor told you that he wasn't a time traveller because, again, in my case I have more credibility than Titor.
So, if you ask me if I'm a time traveller, what answer could I give that would indicate to you that I am not?
If no such answer exists, then there's a flaw in your logic.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
For example, I could say I was a time traveller, couldn't I? That gives me instant credibility as a time traveller in your view.

1. The topic of this thread is thinking about assumptions we make about Titor
2. You are not correct. Just telling me is not enough. I don't believe one statement.
3. I've studied this since 2008. There is evidence. Your statement does not provide me evidence.
4. You don't know my my views. Have you had any long, serious conversations with me?
5. Again, I didn't make this thread to debate Titor's legitimacy. I am thinking about all the assumptions
people have made about John Titor as it was suggested to me to do so.

Now, back to the topic at hand.