Titor Assumptions

TimeNot_0

Well, I'm like 110 years old give or take, and like Agent J (Will Smith) depicts Agent K (Tommy Lee Jones) in this movie clip at the 1:08 mark (around) is how I smile. I am neither one of them though, but that is how I smile.

Now all I can go by is what was written on the Internet by Titor.
That does not include anything like time displacement unit or time traveller or whatever with parts of his story.

Last edited:

Tron1

Is he alive even? John titor? If his character was faked, oliver williams would probably have knowledge of the future wouldn't you think? If he knew all of this where'd he get it?

Harte

No knowledge of the future was imparted by Titor. It was a stupid internet hoax, exactly like people try on this website at regular intervals.

Harte

Alexis Everson

While I understand what you're saying, I have to say that you're not thinking that through.
For example, I could say I was a time traveller, couldn't I? That gives me instant credibility as a time traveller in your view. In fact, my credibility as a time traveller would instantly be greater than Titor's, since I've not made a single incorrect prediction.
Now, wehat happens if I tell you I'm not a time traveller? Why, that would mean that I could be a time traveller.
Obviously, the idea that I'm not a time traveller would be more trustworthy than if Titor told you that he wasn't a time traveller because, again, in my case I have more credibility than Titor.
So, if you ask me if I'm a time traveller, what answer could I give that would indicate to you that I am not?
If no such answer exists, then there's a flaw in your logic.
logic is so sexy!

Alexis Everson

Let's challenge our assumptions. I was encouraged to do so, so let's think outside the box.

First, why do we assume that Titor's grandfather was really on the plane that crashed in 1986?
(i.e. what if he never died. A gravestone proves nothing).

Second, why do we assume that Kay is really Titor's mother?

Can anyone think of more? (I will later. I have to run)

Wait, now I'm confused. Was John Titor real or not??? I mean, everyone is saying he was proved to be a hoax, so why are we even discussing it? I mean, I guess I can dig on why we want to be saavy with our assumptions, but assumptions over a proven hoax?
Or am I missing something? Or maybe we're supposed to say he's a haox but we can talk about it anyway?
Sorry....new to all this, just trying to learn the ole roaps!
SWAK
Lexy
:)

titorite

No knowledge of the future was imparted by Titor. It was a stupid internet hoax, exactly like people try on this website at regular intervals.

Harte

See now thats only half correct. No knowledge of the future was imparted that is the half that is correct and it is correct because he only recounted events from his timeline and he specifically made it clear that his time line was not our timeline and while their may be similarities and while some plans had been put into motion before he or you or I were born, still different timelines.

I know you call it a hoax because you think time travel is fake and ghosts aren't real and their is no god yadayadayada, but sometimes science is miraculous. The higgsboson was found, Hawking did reverse his theory on black holes and the war in Iraq and the middle east has been proven to be about bullshit that doesn't really matter to the common man save for our dependence on oil.

TimeFlipper

I believe in Time-Travel too, although i agree with Harte on this occasion...
The saga of John Titor started around the year 2000 when the internet was still very young, and he produced a picture of his "Time-Machine" on an internet forum poster...

I think the amount of information on Time-Travel was very very sparse on the internet in 2000, which would have been useful for any hoaxer...JT used a classic "get out card", when he mentioned his predictions were only relevant in his "own" Time-Line...

He was obviously aware of the Large Hadron Collider of which he spoke about in 2001, that resided in Geneva Switzerland and the theories which mentioned that the LHG could be linked to time-travel, which most people on the internet in 2000 would know little or nothing about, so JT was also safe in that area..

Another "safe area" for JT was saying he came from the year 2036...By saying that he could come up with any theoretical rhetoric to impress the people who were paying him attention...

Allegedly a private investigator was hired by an Italian TV company, and he concluded that "John Rick" and his computer knowledge, was actually John Titor...He concluded that JT`s name was first brought up in 1998 where he was predicting the chaos that the "Y2K " bug would cause in the new Millennia, which proved to be completely false..

JT`s first words on the internet forum board in the year 2000 were, Greetings. Iam a time-traveller from the year 2036..Iam on my way home after getting an IBM 5100 computer system from the year 1975..( JT said he needed that particular computer to de-bug ageing machines that were STILL being used in 2036!!, as it had the ability to emulate programs in older languages used by IBM in some of their older computer mainframes....Perhaps present day algorithms could do the same job, perfectly capably?)...

JT said his time-machine was built by General Electric and is a, "stationary mass, temporal displacement unit, powered by two top spin dual positive singularities that produce a standard off-set Tipler sinusoid"....Iam certain if General Electric were capable of building THAT time-machine, then they would certainly NOT need a computer from 1975 to perform such a simple task!!...

IMHO JT became a cult figure back in the year 2000 and many people still cling on to the hope that he is a genuine American guy, and the possible saviour for the future existence of our world....If JT had first come onto Paranormalis in 2017, he would probably have been listed as a hoaxer, especially after the "interrogation" from some of our members!! :D...

However as always, our members have the right to their own opinions and beliefs (y) :)..