Titor & Other Predictions

TheOrangeMan

New guy post.... :) Hi!

I recently stumbled upon the John Titor site in the last few weeks, read various forums with attempted debunking of Titor? none which can successfully debunk this predictions or himself. (If anyone has any proof Titor isn?t real please message me.) I myself am a fence sitter, I don?t want to deny it, but neither can it be solidly proven.

Recently I have been looking into other people who ?say? they can predict the future. I found a man named William Strauss who is a "Generational Forecaster"? basically junk science in a lot of respect. Theory set up as fact. he seems to make some very similar prediction as John, especially with what John described as the next American Civil War.

Some links:
August 24th - Coast to Coast

William Strauss's Personal Site

4th Turning Book

Anyone know of any other people who predictions seem to line up with Titor.

CaryP

Welcome Orangeman,

I don't know about Titor. There have been tons of bickering on both sides of the "was he real or was he Memorex" argument. I'm fairly familiar with the 4th turning perspective, and William Strauss. From an economic viewpoint we're also getting into the Kondratief (sp?) winter cycle, which is a major economic downturn. If you study Elliott Wave at all, we're in the beginnings of a multi-decade bear market, the likes of which have not been seen since the 1700's. Bad economic times are always accompanied by civil strife, revolution, wars and govts. moving toward more authoritarian postures. So, is JT real? Who knows? Who cares? What's important is that from several perspectives we're headed for some hard times economically, which leads to hard times geopolitically. If you want to see the "official" JT debunking BBS, go to the anomalies.net site. Plenty of JT haters and debunkers there. My personal opinion is JT could have been real. More likely is that the gubament saw things coming to a "dislocation" down the road and put up a hoax that would draw the "dissenters" out with an urban legend that would perpetuate itself because of the TT hook. Either way, we're screwed economically and everyone's gonna have to take a bite of a big turd sandwich. The government will continue to tighten its leash on civil liberties as the masses begin to stir. So what's a guy/gal to do? Stay informed, stay alert, be prepared and stay out of harm's way, if at all possible. Other than that get used to a reduced standard of living thanks to globalization. It's coming whether we want it or not. No magic bullets left in the gun.

You might want to introduce yourself in the "Introduce Yourself" thread. I'm sure there are many who'd love to see some details on you personally.

Cary

sosuemetoo

Welcome TheOrangeMan!

We hope you enjoy your stay here. Be sure to introduce yourself in the Lounge when you get a chance and be sure to come and see us in our Live Chat room.

I am pretty much a John Titor believer. Been to the debunking forums, but have never really read something that proved to me beyond a reasonable doubt that he was a fake. Only time will tell.

Thank you for the William Strauss link, I'll be sure to look at it soon.

"Mom"

Phoenix

The closest and most complete theory to a debunk of Titor that I have seen attributes the story to a 14 year of son of a lawyer Larry Harper in Disney World Florida. From what I understand the story originated in timetravelinstitude forum which has it basis in the magic kingdom.

Anyways some rather dead on predictions and rather well played off as well. Very smoothly done for a considerable period of time.

CaryP

Originally posted by Phoenix@Sep 7 2004, 11:03 PM
The closest and most complete theory to a debunk of Titor that I have seen attributes the story to a 14 year of son of a lawyer Larry Harper in Disney World Florida. From what I understand the story originated in timetravelinstitude forum which has it basis in the magic kingdom.

Anyways some rather dead on predictions and rather well played off as well. Very smoothly done for a considerable period of time.

Hey Phoenix, some points for clarification about your post. It's Celebration, FL, which is a town started with the intent of having people working for Disney World live there. It is also the home of the John Titor Foundation, located at 606 Front St., Celebration, FL. Larry Haber, the attorney of record for JTF, is an entertainment industry attorney. His office is also at that address. He's called the "First Person" and his family is known as the "First Family of Celebration". They were the first residents of Celebration. There have been allegations made that Haber's son was the author of JT's character, as well as allegations pointing to Haber himself. None of these allegations have been proved or disproved. I don't think a 14 yr. old could have pulled the JT thing off.

Cary

Phoenix

Originally posted by CaryP+Sep 8 2004, 08:58 AM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Phoenix@Sep 7 2004, 11:03 PM

Hey Phoenix, some points for clarification about your post. It's Celebration, FL, which is a town started with the intent of having people working for Disney World live there. It is also the home of the John Titor Foundation, located at 606 Front St., Celebration, FL. Larry Haber, the attorney of record for JTF, is an entertainment industry attorney. His office is also at that address. He's called the "First Person" and his family is known as the "First Family of Celebration". They were the first residents of Celebration. There have been allegations made that Haber's son was the author of JT's character, as well as allegations pointing to Haber himself. None of these allegations have been proved or disproved. I don't think a 14 yr. old could have pulled the JT thing off.

Cary

Cary

Cary
[snapback]8827[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
Thank you for those clarifications, they were needed.

I will very much admit that it is a stretch to think a 14 year old pulled off everything that John Titor did. We have seen what teen minds do from the hoaxes we encountered. However I do think it is one of the strongest and most well researched theories that the debunkers have provided.

Again thank you for those corrections.

lev

Titor &amp; Other Predictions

::.. The very idea of creating the JT Foundation, the hiring a high profile lawyer then publishing and selling a book 11 years prior to a nuclear war that will kill three billion people and render our financial institutions useless pretty much dissolves the story's credibility in my opinion ..::

::.. If the foundation really wanted to get the story out why charge? :: Why create a foundation? :: Why hire a high priced lawyer when there will be nothing left to defend in a very short period of time? ..::.. Seems to me that the JT foundation does not believe that a nuclear disaster will occur ..::

lev

Titor &amp; Other Predictions

Originally posted by StarLord@Sep 15 2004, 05:25 PM
How could a fictional character \"pull off\" anything in real life?

::.. The "real life" characters that are behind the curtains can pull just about anything off on behalf of their sock puppets ..::