Transcendental Meditation

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
If any of you remember from my previous postings, I was considering taking yoga classes. Well, I looked some more into what yoga entails, and I have decided that it's not a good fit for me. So I was thinking of a simpler alternative: transcendental meditation.

Up to now, I have been very vague about the location I live at, but since I don't think my privacy is a major issue on this site, I thought I might as well reveal a bit more, being as precise as the town I live in. I am from Highland Mills, a town in the Hudson Valley region of New York State.

Over the past few days, I've been trying to research the availability of classes on transcendental meditation within my vicinity. I would prefer classes that are once a week, but I have not stumbled upon anything like that yet that is not too far away from home.

If any of you have any suggestions for nearby places with routine transcendental meditation classes, or can refer to one or more videos or CDs we could buy so I could practice exclusively from the home, it will be appreciated. There is one exception, however: For a video suggestion, please don't post a link that will send me directly to YouTube, for I don't want to get distracted by any of the stupid stuff on that site due to my obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).

Any thoughts?

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
Who says that you need a class to do meditation. Although I pray rather then meditate, if you maybe would just look up some homemade tricks you will be able to do it by yourself. I really think it would be a waste of time and money to take a meditation class.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
What about learning it by yourself, reading books / e-books? Is it an option?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I really think it would be a waste of time and money to take a meditation class.
OK, I can see that.
What about learning it by yourself, reading books / e-books? Is it an option?
I don't think that's a good option to take for me. I don't read that much, and I'm not really that interested in reading books/e-books. Besides, reading a series of words bores me after fifteen minutes or so. Since I'm more of a visual and audio learner, I prefer instructional videos and/or CDs, including those with some relaxing music involved.

Any other suggestions?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Very helpful video. Thank you! Sorry for the delay in my response, as my mind was previously occupied with other things. I think all I really need now is to buy some nice relaxing meditation music. :)