Travel into future already accomplished

Harte

Travel into future already accomplished

Man has travelled through time into the future. It is estimated that some of the Apollo astronauts moved a minute or so into the future over several long high speed trips. This means that some of those guys are actually around a minute younger than they would be had they not made those trips.

StarLord

Re: Travel into future already accomplished

After enough of the right kind of Mascal, we get to see the future. The next day though, most of us swear we have lost time for some reason.

Harte

I have seen the future in the bottom of a tequila bottle and it was quite wormy. Grasp the future with all the might of your incisors, oh youth. Pass the future on to the molars and bite into it's segmented essence. Swallow, swallow the future with joy and understanding. The understanding that tomorrow (in the future) you will not remember the past!

Arez

time is just another dimention. everything in our life until we die has already happened its just our mind is takin us thru it. everything choice we have made has already been done. its just we have go to go at the pace we are now.

StarLord

That's close, it has all been written, However you are forgetting 'Free Will' which means we are always in the here and now experiencing the present moment. It's not the 'brain' playing catch up with reality.

JRSpencer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
That's close, it has all been written, However you are forgetting 'Free Will' which means we are always in the here and now experiencing the present moment. It's not the 'brain' playing catch up with reality.[/b]

I agree. I'm familiar with a similar quote:

We are aware of the Now, the Future and the Past. Present time reality, as a continuous Now, constantly disengages from the present, and becomes the past as it moves into the future, and assumes a new position for us, in the present. This is three dimensional time. Notice that it only goes in the direction of the future, but is always the Now! In three-dimensional time, we have no means of reclaiming the past, and we don?t ever actually experience the future.

But as far as travel into the future is concerned, you guys NEED to check out the film "Primer." (www.primermovie.com) It is definiitely a very good time travel-themed movie. It is quite practical, and very aware of causality and realistic applications of time travel. I enjoyed it. It's due to be released on DVD April 19, 2005. But, I'm sure you could download it to give it a preview prior to a purchase, or rent it. What ever suits you.

CaryP

Spencer! You're back! The hell you been man? Looks like a cool flick. I'll have to check it out.

Cary

XDrFirefly

I think sometime when you drink you can see the future, maybe not in a bottle, or around you, but in your minds eye.

Dr FF

Keroscene

I read the original post about the astronauts. I also heard of an atomic clock in space that was a minute behind the other one or something. I could not find any government supported research on this I was wondering if anyone knew of anything about it.