Treeees!!!

God is REAL

Treeees!!!

ok thoery of evolution u know it im not gonna explain it, my question is when the first organism was made how was it able to evolve into trees, cause trees are living organism, so basically how did plants come to be?

EDIT: o crap i realized i posted this in the wrong forum.

gomp

Re: Treeees!!!

I think the basic idea is the original one cell organisums some of them spread to areas where there wasetn as much goop to eat so they survived by useing sunlight and stuff
buit I am not really an expert in evolution, so...
maybe the mice made the plants later cause they wanted some thing shady to sit under and some thing soft like grass to sit on
mice man
they funded this whole project

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"God is REAL\")</div>
ok thoery of evolution u know it im not gonna explain it, my question is when the first organism was made how was it able to evolve into trees, cause trees are living organism, so basically how did plants come to be?

EDIT: o crap i realized i posted this in the wrong forum.[/b]

I am assuming that you are familiar with the basic idea of evolution right? So some singular celled organisms found it adventageous to live in close proximity to each other. From this colonies formed that eventually came to function as multicellular organisms. Some of these cells have the ability to synthesize chlorophyl with enables them to synthesize organic componds from sunlight, water and carbon dioxide. Thus you have plants, big plants are called trees. The basic process of evolution functions the same in plants and animals, in fact the main difference in the two is a cell wall and the ability to synthesize organic compounds.

BubbuClinton

I am assuming that you are familiar with the basic idea of evolution right? So some singular celled organisms found it adventageous to live in close proximity to each other. From this colonies formed that eventually came to function as multicellular organisms. Some of these cells have the ability to synthesize chlorophyl with enables them to synthesize organic componds from sunlight, water and carbon dioxide. Thus you have plants, big plants are called trees. The basic process of evolution functions the same in plants and animals, in fact the main difference in the two is a cell wall and the ability to synthesize organic compounds.

Do you have any evidence that this really happens? I have always heard these fantasies, however, I have never seen any real evidence that the evolutionary process actually allows for singel cell organism to actually form a multicell organism other than living in colonies like coral. The only evidence I have seen are various species dying out, but I have yet to see new species evolving. Have you? I mean other than wild speculation what evidence do you have?

Bubbu

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"BubbuClinton\")</div>
Do you have any evidence that this really happens? I have always heard these fantasies, however, I have never seen any real evidence that the evolutionary process actually allows for singel cell organism to actually form a multicell organism other than living in colonies like coral. The only evidence I have seen are various species dying out, but I have yet to see new species evolving. Have you? I mean other than wild speculation what evidence do you have?

Bubbu
____________________________________[/b]

Well, there is fossil evidence. Older fossils show less complexity than younger ones. There are ,as you mentioned, extant organisms that live in colonies. There is evidence of symbiotic relationships at the cellular level like the mitochondria in animal cells. There is evidence of evolution though selective breeding. For example dogs from wolves, various types of birds breed to have certain characteristics, and maize from native grasses. There is evidence of bacteria evolving resistance to anti-biotics. There is evidence of new viruses evolving like HIV. IMO there is a preponderance of evidence in favor of evolution. I think most of the opposition to evolution comes from people who feel that it contradicts their religious beliefs. From a scientific standpoint the theory of evolution is very well established.

Also, if you are right that species only die out and new ones never evolve, then the fossil record would show an abundance of species early on and a decreasing number every since. What it actually shows however is increasing complexity and number of species puncuated with great mass extinctions.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
I am assuming that you are familiar with the basic idea of evolution right? So some singular celled organisms found it adventageous to live in close proximity to each other. From this colonies formed that eventually came to function as multicellular organisms. Some of these cells have the ability to synthesize chlorophyl with enables them to synthesize organic componds from sunlight, water and carbon dioxide. Thus you have plants, big plants are called trees. The basic process of evolution functions the same in plants and animals, in fact the main difference in the two is a cell wall and the ability to synthesize organic compounds.[/b]

I think that the use of chlorophyll evolved before organisms colonized dry land, though, unless I'm mistaken.

Harte

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Harte\")</div>
I think that the use of chlorophyll evolved before organisms colonized dry land, though, unless I'm mistaken.

Harte[/b]

Yeah, you are right. I didn't make that clear in my post, but plants did evolve in the sea first then colonized land.

BubbuClinton

You have stated examples of characteristic's changing within one species. I agree that selective breading will change characteristics of a dog or a virus. However, The fossils you describe only show that colonies of microbes can coexist and be symbiotic. But it does not show them forming into new species like a plant. Unless you have some evidence.

I agree there is some religious oppositions to Evolution, but I am not speaking to religious believes. I think there is more bias on the side of evoloutionism like your statement
From a scientific standpoint the theory of evolution is very well established.

I disagree with you completely. I think that evolutionist want to believe that it is true and make up hypotheses that they then classify as truth. I have never seen an example of something evolving out something else, like a dinosaur to a bird, or a mold to a flower.

What you call science is someone finding a very small sample or fossil that is similar in some respects to another sample and they say " hey it evolved." Their speculation is then used as a foundation by other scientist.

Evolution is a religion by itself, it is based on a belief without any solid facts to back it up. They see similarities and call it evolved

The record shows countless forms of life that no longer exist. What it does not show is how they developed. That is the real question isn't it. Are there any current examples of things changing species? Can you show a dog changing into a cat or something. Platypuses don't count.

Unless you have some. If you do please cite them.

Thanks,

Bubbu

Lucidus

I agree that selective breading will change characteristics of a dog or a virus. [/b]

Good. Now just take this idea to its logical conclusion. If you change the characteristics of a population of dogs enough they could evolve into something else.

I agree there is some religious oppositions to Evolution, but I am not speaking to religious believes. I think there is more bias on the side of evoloutionism like your statement [/b]

Yes my post was strongly biased in favor of evolution and I expalined why. Your posts are biased against evolution. So what?

. I have never seen an example of something evolving out something else, like a dinosaur to a bird, or a mold to a flower.[/b]

I should imagine not, otherwise you would have to be very old indeed.

Their speculation is then used as a foundation by other scientist.[/b]

Its called "peer review". It is fundamental part of the scientific method.

Evolution is a religion by itself, it is based on a belief without any solid facts to back it up.[/b]

No I disagree. There is abundant evidence to support evolution. Evolution may or may not be the correct inpretation of that evidence, but the evidence is there.

The record shows countless forms of life that no longer exist. ?[/b]

This in itself supports the theory of evolution.

What it does not show is how they developed.[/b]

I disagree. Fossil evidence does show how organisms have developed.

That is the real question isn't it. Are there any current examples of things changing species? Can you show a dog changing into a cat or something. Platypuses don't count.[/b]

I think you may have a profound missunderstanding of evolution here Bubbu. Evolution is not magic. A dog does not simply transform into a cat, therefore no one can provide evidence that it does. If I could provide such evidence then it would not support evolution but rather magic or creationism.