Trump Derangement Syndrome

taykair

I'll preface this by stating, once again, that I am neither pro- nor anti-Trump, okay?

There are folks (most, but not all, on the left) who do seem to be obsessed with finding and picking apart everything which they perceive to be a flaw in our president. However, there are also some who simply oppose some of his policies or actions. This is quite a different thing, and it is not only good, but necessary to the health of a free republic.

There are also those who may suffer from (if we're going to use pseudo-psychological terminology) APT Syndrome - APT meaning Always Protect Trump. No matter what criticism is leveled at the president, these folks will always manage to find some kind of excuse for him. This seems to me to be just as strange as those who may see some failing in him which does not exist.

I chuckled at the start of the video, when the young lady said, "They're going delusional...they think about things.."

'Oh, God, no!' I thought, 'They are thinking about things! Somebody stop them!'

Harte

First and foremost, keep in mind we're starting with Donald Trump here.

Anyone that thought his presidency would be a normal one just wasn't thinking.

Trump simply cannot be held to the same standard as a lifelong politician. He's not one.
He's not gonna act like one.
It's refreshing, really. But I don't know for how long...

Harte

taykair

Trump simply cannot be held to the same standard as a lifelong politician.

This is kind of an example of what I was saying, Harte. Just how long should a President of the United States (even if he is a political neophyte) be in office before he can be held to the same standard as any other President?

taykair

Whom was the last USA president that maybe shouldn't have been one?

Since you asked, I'd have to say that Mr. Obama qualifies as such. Although I think that it was a great thing that an African-American was chosen to be the leader of our country (considering the history of slavery and oppression which they suffered here), I also believe that it was solely for that reason that he was chosen for that office to begin with. If the electorate had been more concerned about experience and policy positions, and less concerned about assuaging "white guilt", then Mr. Obama would never have been elected.

Last edited:

titorite

Trump derangement disorder is a strange thing. I mean their were people that didnt like Obama, and their were people that didnt like bush, But the unhinged people that freak out over "Mr Your're Fired" They are just whacky messed up. Its like watching a car crash. You wanna help em but you dont wanna get involved.

taykair

… and there were those who always sprang to the defense of Mr. Obama or Mr. Bush, no matter how wrong they were. However, both of these present-day "syndromes" - TDS and APT - are rather silly, don't you think?

Cirrus

This is kind of an example of what I was saying, Harte. Just how long should a President of the United States (even if he is a political neophyte) be in office before he can be held to the same standard as any other President?

About 549 days (give or take :p).

I may not have been on this Earth as long as some others, but, with every other president in the past I've taken the approach of "let's see what he does" or "hopefully he won't screw things up completely, and, if he does, then the next person will hopefully clean it up". I think after the first week or so of the Trump administration, I threw in the towel.