TT: Past or Future?

RHYS

I've noticed a majority of ppl seem to be most curious abt the future, as opposed to the past. Many express interest in returning to a time in their modern life to have a chance to "change" something.
For me, the arrow of time (going forward) feels like it's dragging me further away from where my own ideal "time" would be.

Does anyone else feel a sense of homesickness for another time (past), as in before THIS life? I certainly do. It's not an obsession, but I'm always happy to visit other times in my vivid dreams. I'm one of those ppl who is addicted to learning - but it also seems as if I came into this world with alot of knowledge abt certain subjects I never remember learning here. Instincts, skills, mundane cultural norms, etc;

So, plz share any of your experiences, feelings, beliefs & explain if it's a past or Future you'd desire to return to most (and why).

* Also, could someone be specific as to why there's such a strong trend toward curiosities abt future events/times? Would knowing an outcome make it able to be changed? How?

TimeFlipper

I've noticed a majority of ppl seem to be most curious abt the future, as opposed to the past. Many express interest in returning to a time in their modern life to have a chance to "change" something.
For me, the arrow of time (going forward) feels like it's dragging me further away from where my own ideal "time" would be.

Does anyone else feel a sense of homesickness for another time (past), as in before THIS life? I certainly do. It's not an obsession, but I'm always happy to visit other times in my vivid dreams. I'm one of those ppl who is addicted to learning - but it also seems as if I came into this world with alot of knowledge abt certain subjects I never remember learning here. Instincts, skills, mundane cultural norms, etc;

So, plz share any of your experiences, feelings, beliefs & explain if it's a past or Future you'd desire to return to most (and why).

* Also, could someone be specific as to why there's such a strong trend toward curiosities abt future events/times? Would knowing an outcome make it able to be changed? How?
Curiosity :cool:

Tron1

what ever lies ahead is what's set in stone, from the day you are born to the day you die there is a road to follow to take it. When your time is up your time is up

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
what ever lies ahead is what's set in stone, from the day you are born to the day you die there is a road to follow to take it. When your time is up your time is up
Not if you consider the plethora of possibilities regarding time travel and the like. Nothing is set in stone. (And that means even what is literally carved in stone can be changed.)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Yes. I've always had a liking of the old west and the native American cultures. My father has some old arrow heads and they make feel funny when I hold them. I'm hoping to own them one day. Anyway, there is something about the old west, Billy the Kid, natives, and 1800's in general that give me a nostalgic feeling.

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
What. What. Why do you guys always get like visions of a past life, or dreams of another time where when it comes to me I'm just like s gifted sports jock that sits in a lab all day and plays sports on the weekends where nothing ever happens to me except what just recently happened to me FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER

I just went to Disney if your wondering why I just quoted that.

RHYS

I agree w/PAULAJEDI here. Old objects bring on nostalgia & even past memories of "something" that feels familiar. A sense of "reassurance", believing this life is not forever. Those arrowheads sound cool. Do you know what kind of Indians?

CLASSICALfan: I used to believe things were predestined, but not anymore. Free will is a huge power we have access to that I think relates to our subconscious which never sleeps. I caught a radio show lately discussing if/how conscience can survive without a body. i.e: you know a call to your cellphone is a transmitted signal (not another person living inside your phone). But you can't see it. Yet, it is "real". This theory takes absolutely no faith to believe, of course. Consciousness is similar - in that it exists and possibly receives signals from "something/somewhere".

I don't think this new notion is too far off the original topic. I believe time & awareness are closely related.