Two Canadian companies can now produce, sell cocaine and other drugs

Num7

Administrator
Staff
A Canadian cannabis company based in BC has gained approval to possess, produce, sell, and distribute cocaine.

1677868449842.png

Adastra Labs is located in Langley, BC, and it sought approval from Health Canada, which it received on February 17.

Adastra can also possess, produce, sell and distribute up to 1,000 grams of psilocybin and psilocin.

“The amended license allows Adastra to interact with up to 250 grams of cocaine and to import coca leaves to manufacture and synthesize the substance,” reads a statement on the Adastra Holdings website.

“Harm reduction is a critically important and mainstream topic, and we are staying at the forefront of drug regulations across the board,” said Michael Forbes, CEO of Adastra, in a statement.

“We proactively pursued the amendment to our Dealer’s License to include cocaine back in December 2022. We will evaluate how the commercialization of this substance fits in with our business model at Adastra in an effort to position ourselves to support the demand for a safe supply of cocaine.”

On the heels of Adastra’s announcement, another Canadian company, Sunshine Earth Labs, announced that it has also received approval to produce and distribute cocaine, but also MDMA, morphine, opium and diacetylmorphine.

Health Canada licenses were issued to Oryx BioMed Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sunshine Earth Labs.

The Adastra development gained some traction on social media, with many sharing tweets in opposition.

“Madness. We’ve truly lost our way,” tweeted one user.

Another user on Twitter disagreed with that take, stating, “I disagree. All drugs should be legal.”

It isn’t known how this might impact consumers or if we’ll see cocaine on store shelves at dispensaries at some point in the future.

BC recently gained approval from Health Canada for an exemption under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, which allows people over 18 to possess up to 2.5 grams of certain illicit substances.

The move made BC the first province to decriminalize small amounts of controlled drugs.

Source:

Wind7

Staff
The Great White LIE, Cocaine......Legal...........FFS!:mad:

That crap killed a friend, she did too much and she died.

Seeing it become legal for recreational use will be the biggest faux pas in history.

Idiots.

:fp:

Wind7

Staff
Bad news for all 50 USA States.(n)
The personal possession of 2.5 grams of hard drugs, including cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin, fentanyl, methamphetamine and morphine, has now been decriminalized. This temporary exemption means a person found with a small quantity of these drugs will not have them seized nor face arrest or any criminal charges.Feb 2, 2023

So, it's for a reason.

I hope this doesn't create a permanent, future trend for recreational usage.
We live in strange times.

Last edited:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Government-issued drugs are in theory safer than the crap you can get on the street. They control quality and stuff and they'd rather have you use theirs, than what's found on the street. They call that kind of initiative Harm reduction. I get that.

But by allowing companies to sell "quality and government-approved" coke, aren't they making it much more accessible to casuals? People who are not inclined to buy coke from dealers might be interested to buy it from "official" government-authorized sellers... That sounds dangerous.

And those buying it from dealers will just continue doing so.

So... It just equals more coke for everyone? That's scary.

Wind7

Staff
Government-issued drugs are in theory safer than the crap you can get on the street. They control quality and stuff and they'd rather have you use theirs, than what's found on the street. They call that kind of initiative Harm reduction. I get that.

But by allowing companies to sell "quality and government-approved" coke, aren't they making it much more accessible to casuals? People who are not inclined to buy coke from dealers might be interested to buy it from "official" government-authorized sellers... That sounds dangerous.

And those buying it from dealers will just continue doing so.

So... It just equals more coke for everyone? That's scary.

Precisely.

I was in the pro music business back in the late 80's, all the 90's and into the 2000's.

Cocaine was EVERYWHERE!
I was well on my way towards addiction myself simply because it was "The Thing To Do" among musicians
and the behind the scenes people like Artist Representation (A&R), producers, Sales....etc.
Peer pressure to fit in with the In Crowd was extremely difficult to avoid.

Coke (not the soda...I'll get to that), gives you a euphoric, false sense of security feeling that becomes
very addictive and really IS The Gateway to stronger, more detrimental chem like heroin, morphine......(name it here.)

It wears down as your tolerance grows then you need more and more and you become addicted.
I threw it all away, right into the toilet and never looked back! These people were never friends!!

I survived but a few of my contemporaries did not. :(

As you say...Okay, the stuff being legalized may not be the Street variety, granted.
But....The addictive nature with today's mindset where a lot of people are very angry in general
and to have this readily available to people who might try it, will find just how incredibly well
it relieves the whole barrage of stress life gives......But, that is a lie. A chemical mask that grows until someone ODs.

As @Num7 says:

I couldn't agree more.

I will get off the Soapbox now.

(I'm Sorry for being the wet blanket here. Carry on.)

IlluminatiArchbishop

The Great White LIE, Cocaine......Legal...........FFS!:mad:

That crap killed a friend, she did too much and she died.

Seeing it become legal for recreational use will be the biggest faux pas in history.

Idiots.

:fp:
Doing very little cocaine can stop your heart just randomly too. Anyhow it is supposedly great for topical use in patients with things such as cancer as well it numbs quite strongly. Sorry your friend died from use