Two People Spot Thylacine-Like Creature in Pennsylvania

Cryptozoology News

Cryptozoology Blog
EXTON, Pa. — A man in southeast Pennsylvania says he saw a creature that resembled a Tasmanian tiger and part hyena.

Christopher Connor, a 34-year-old audio engineer and videographer, told Cryptozoology News on Monday that they were driving on 202 N in late April when they came across the unidentified animal.

“We saw this thing dart across the road as we were merging from one highway to another. It ran directly in front of my vehicle,” he said. “It wasn’t exactly lightning fast either and I was careful not to hit it. It was fast enough to start from the left and cross all the way over before I passed it,” he added.

Connor described it as a young canine-like creature with very tall legs. The four-legged animal, he said, exhibited “patches of different colored hair”.

“My girlfriend made a joke it looked like camo shorts I had just purchased. You could tell it was young, whatever it was, and that it would grow larger. I swear the first thing I thought of that it beared any resemblance too was a Tasmanian tiger, but I of course knew that wasn’t what it was. I just looked at a Thylacine’s picture also and the creature we saw was taller on it limbs, but the body was very similar. My girlfriend was with me at the time and she said yesterday she still has a picture of it in her head. It didn’t look like any canine or feline I’ve ever seen. She thought it looked like it was part hyena and I agree with that.”

thylacine-cryptozoology-USA-sighting.png

Connor’s girlfriend drew this sketch of the creature they reportedly saw near Exton, Pennsylvania.

The Pennsylvania man says he is sure it wasn’t a dog or a cat, and that definitely it wasn’t a raccoon.

“I’ve read about coywolves being in the area of northwest Philadelphia. I wouldn’t completely rule out that it could have been a young one of those, but I’ve never seen one, and I kind of have the feeling it wasn’t. This was like nothing I’ve ever seen before,” he explained.

In March 2016, a man in Tennessee claimed to have seen a Tasmanian tiger on Interstate 75.

The thylacine, commonly known as the Tasmanian tiger, was the largest carnivorous marsupial known to date. Native to Australia, New Guinea and Tasmania, the thylacine became extinct in the 20th century mainly due to human indiscriminate action. Reports of new sightings from these areas surface frequently but the lack of evidence suggests animal misidentification

tasmanian-tiger.jpg

Louisa Anne Meredith’s 1880 Tasmanian friends and foes: feathered, furred and finned.

It is not common for a similar sighting to be reported in the American continent.

Located in Chester County, Exton has a population of 5,000.

The post Two People Spot Thylacine-Like Creature in Pennsylvania appeared first on Cryptozoology News.