Type of light?

Harte

“Some other minerals, such as quartz, are triboluminescent, emitting light when rubbed together”? From wiki. Triboluminescence - Wikipedia

I was reading about crystals and found this about quartz. Has anyone seen a quartz emit light? Do we have quartz light bulbs?
We don't have quartz lightbulbs, but you can invent them.
All you need is a very large frosted glass bulb, and a midget willing to sit inside and rub two pieces of quartz together.

Harte

SergiusPaulus

I was thinking of two small motors spinning an axle with the quartz attached. Two pieces being rubbed together rather fast. Probably no application for it but if you could rub them continuously for a length of time a researcher could observe it for a longer period of time. Maybe use research instruments to measure or study it. More so than a single rubbing. A turned quartz may be better. May give a more consistent light.

TimeFlipper

I was thinking of two small motors spinning an axle with the quartz attached. Two pieces being rubbed together rather fast. Probably no application for it but if you could rub them continuously for a length of time a researcher could observe it for a longer period of time. Maybe use research instruments to measure or study it. More so than a single rubbing. A turned quartz may be better. May give a more consistent light.
Dont overlook the UTE rattle thats used in religious services as shown in the video...Make a similar one of them yourself using a strong clear plastic bag filled with quartz crystals and shake it about, hey presto it lights up (y):D..

UTE.jpg