Unconvincing conspiracies.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
What are some with convincing evidence that if still hard to believe?
I'd say any "well known" conspiracy fits into that category.

JFK. 9/11. Denver airport. New Coke... All of them have compelling evidence and any conspiracy, in general, is going to be hard to believe.

JimmyD

What are some with convincing evidence that if still hard to believe?
I'd say any "well known" conspiracy fits into that category.

JFK. 9/11. Denver airport. New Coke... All of them have compelling evidence and any conspiracy, in general, is going to be hard to believe.

You're going to burn.

(Seeing as how that has been deleted by the gutless control freaks at large, ...seeing how it has been misconstrued as a threat by stupid liars, I feel the need to explain.)

That is a prediction, and not a threat. And it is on-topic.

You're not fooling me. I see what you're doing, what you are a part of. It's not going to go well for you.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
I was asking more based on your own opinions which conspiracies do you find less believable than others?
Less believable? Honestly, probably the UFO coverup. The news last month with the Pentagon spending money to continue investigating this stuff says to me that they have no idea what it is but there's still an interest. If they knew, they wouldn't be investigating it.

Perhaps a few individuals "know" whatever there is to know (a real-life Cigarette Smoking Man), but in general, I don't think there's some massive concerted coverup occurring.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
really cosmo?
wow you've regressed quite a bit.

Yes. I don't think there's widespread cover-up of aliens or UFOs within the government or Hollywood at large. Do I think these things exist? Absolutely. Does someone in the government know the truth? Probably a few people.

However, that the Pentagon is still investigating and all that news last month tells me there's a continued interest at the highest levels of government in a phenomenon that they don't understand.

If this huge coverup were really the case, the people who are supposedly part of this vast conspiracy machine wouldn't be wasting their time "investigating" and rolling out crappy videos of blurry things in the sky. Any basement-dwelling YouTuber with a free afternoon and a copy of Adobe After Effects can create something similar and just as convincing. The video is interesting to be sure, but it's not something a vast government conspiracy would release with such fanfare unless everyone involved was just totally out of touch.

I'm not discounting that a conspiracy of any kind exists, because:

a) there's no way to know this for sure, and
b) it would be foolish to believe that there's nobody out there who knows anything of substance

What I'm discounting is the extent of that conspiracy. There's probably a handful of people in a room somewhere who know about Roswell or some other fantastic thing, but those people aren't puppet masters convincing Spielberg to make Close Encounters, asking JJ Abrams to do something special for the next Star Wars to prep us for disclosure. They aren't giving nerdy screenwriters ideas to roll out all those space movies, they're not prompting Stephen Hawking to say weird things about aliens and they aren't hacking 4chan to remove mysterious leaked photos, either.

People are untrustworthy. People make mistakes. People aren't an unchanging constant in any scenario and you cannot have that many people in on a secret that large without it collapsing very quickly.

There's a kernel of truth to every theory that gets shared, but people with a flimsy grasp on reality tend to co-opt these ideas in an attempt to escape their current one. Look at the kinds of posts sites like these get. You have some people who have a genuine interest in the subject, but you also get people who spend their time doing weird shit like writing open love letters to John Titor.

Those are the people who make those gigantic leaps in logic to somehow prove that all of Hollywood is some attempt to prep us for disclosure. Or how Bill Clinton MUST know SOMETHING because he told a voter he'd look into it one time during his campaign. Glitches in a broadcast video codec turn Matt Lauer into a reptilian, and suddenly he's trying to brainwash us because he had Seth Rogen on Good Morning America to promote the movie Paul.

That's what I'm arguing against.

I believe aliens exist. I believe they've visited Earth. I believe they've interacted with people here. I believe some people know the truth.

I don't believe that the government and Hollywood are being manipulated to keep us from knowing about those things.

NaturalPhilosopher

do you know many overlapping secret and partially classified programs there are? thousands. How many aliens are showing up? 100,000 different races? Yeah 'investigating' will take lifetimes. How many classified gov programs are pretending to be aliens? How many breakaway human civilizations underground or on the moon are visiting earth on their own with their own agenda?

Investigating this will never end.

Talk and listen to everyone. You'll get fooled a lot. Technical interest is really the way out of disinformation.

Last edited: