University bans 'trigger warning‘ over fears of upsetting snowflake students

alpha centauri

Attacks, isnt this language a bit strong?
Good question.
I agree with dolphin (Flipper).

For example, Kloppo (Jürgen Klopp, manager of Liverpool FC, a soccer club) uses the word all the time. If that was considered offensive by those folks, they would have canceled and boycotted the premier league and that would have made it into the media. That is the most attractive league of sports worldwide.

To the topic:
I wonder how they teach history at school (not university). We watched speeches of Hitler and read quotes of the Nazis. I dont think that these books that they want to boycott are worse.
The only important thing is. That you have a commented version at school (or the teacher comments it). So that you dont drift into racism. So you have to explain, why it is wrong.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

No, it made me uncomfortable as well. We're not too keen on edgy stuff like this. More attacks needed? No matter how you play with words or how you twist it, it's still what it says, and it ain't about sports.
I mentioned sports as a classic example of how the word Attack is always used to define a state of play, e.g, attacking down the left/right wing, using 3 attackers up front with 4 in defence, both players attacked the ball simultaneously...Chess is also a sport where the word Attack appears... So yes it IS most certainly also about sports, etc etc, nothing "twisted" in that...IMHO you misunderstood the context in how i used the word Attack..

Read up on the nature of UK political speech as i already mentioned an example i used was how the "opposition (verbally) Attacked the Prime Minister"...No disrespect to you personally Num7, but frankly i have seen worse words being used (F..K comes to mind, irrespective of context) plus blatant disrespect being used mostly by trolls on here, and yet theose postings have been allowed to remain without any interventions, long before the trolls got banned...

alpha centauri

I mentioned sports as a classic example of how the word Attack is always used to define a state of play, e.g, attacking down the left/right wing, using 3 attackers up front with 4 in defence, both players attacked the ball simultaneously...Chess is also a sport where the word Attack appears... So yes it IS most certainly also about sports, etc etc, nothing "twisted" in that...IMHO you misunderstood the context in how i used the word Attack..

Read up on the nature of UK political speech as i already mentioned an example i used was how the "opposition (verbally) Attacked the Prime Minister"...No disrespect to you personally Num7, but frankly i have seen worse words being used (F..K comes to mind, irrespective of context) plus blatant disrespect being used mostly by trolls on here, and yet theose postings have been allowed to remain without any interventions, long before the trolls got banned...

I studied the different spiritual teachings and oversensitivity is basically stress and stress can causes depression and lack of energy.

That is definitively negative.

This is the reason, why kindness meditation is so important. Kindness is the positive male characteristic. If you are kind you are more chilled and not so stressed out. And you can think more logically if something like a critic is appropriate or not.

The word F..K is not even an insult in the German language. They adopted the word into the German language. I also have heard Klopp use it and they were totally shocked. Obviously that is a taboo word. So it depends. Also alien is not a insulting word for extraterrestrials and the word shitstorm, that they invented, is a normal word in the German language. So there are also language barriers where people just translate the words from different language and do not mean any harm. But others are triggered by them.

Last edited: