USA Presidential election results 2020

ThumberOne

Lists are being compiled. Why?

The title for the previous thread was a bit of a misnomer

Also the title isn't "partial election result thread" so that this thread can remain relevant after the votes are counted

Yeats

The title for the previous thread was a bit of a misnomer

Also the title isn't "partial election result thread" so that this thread can remain relevant after the votes are counted

Irrelevant response to question.

Once again, why are lists being compiled by the organization whose link I previously posted?

What is the purpose of such a list?

Is history irrelevant as well?

ThumberOne

The answer as to why the list is compiled is answered on the website's mission statement.

The purpose of the list is in the title of the website.

As for whether or not history is irrelevant, there is already aspects of history repeating itself.

I shouldn't have to read websites for you or reach conclusions for you.

Yeats

The answer as to why the list is compiled is answered on the website's mission statement.

I do not trust their explanation.

The purpose of the list is in the title of the website.

No, it is not.

As for whether or not history is irrelevant, there is already aspects of history repeating itself.

This is unfortunately -- and eerily -- true.

You do not need to do so. I am very much aware of what "enemies lists" are for, and the ends to which such have been used in the past. I oppose them. Do you?

ThumberOne

I do not trust their explanation.

No, it is not.
How is title incongruent with their list of grievences?

You do not need to do so. I am very much aware of what "enemies lists" are for, and the ends to which such have been used in the past. I oppose them. Do you?

There is already plenty laws such as the first amendment and Campaign Finance Transparency laws preventing the banning of such lists so there is no point in trying opposing those lists.

For example it's much more difficult to donate anonymously to a political candidate:

It's definitely important know who is the donor for candidates to see who's interest the candidate will serve. This means that by donating to a candidate mean waiving the right privacy to allow the public to be aware of the who's interest a political figure is beholden to.

There is already some enemy lists such as these enemies to the nation of America:

If it’s any consolation to you, the site is not government run and that a similar list for Biden supporters can be made

Last edited:

Yeats

... a similar list for Biden supporters can be made

I have not seen such a list. Could you provide a link?

I find it disappointing that there are those who support the idea of "enemies lists" for their political opponents. I was not a fan of Richard Nixon's associates when they did it, and I am not a fan of Joe Biden's associates doing it either.

Are you not able to understand how wrong this is, or are you aware but simply do not care?

The former would be sad. The latter would, I think, be immoral.

ThumberOne

I have not seen such a list. Could you provide a link?

I said can be made I did not say it was already made.

I find it disappointing that there are those who support the idea of "enemies lists" for their political opponents. I was not a fan of Richard Nixon's associates when they did it, and I am not a fan of Joe Biden's associates doing it either.
The site does not explicitly mention an affiliation to Biden. Even then, there's opposition to Trump from many different parts of the political spectrum. For example why would the liberitarian party run against Trump

Are you not able to understand how wrong this is, or are you aware but simply do not care?

Can you explain how is it wrong?
I might be able to understand after your explaination

Last edited:

Yeats

Ah! The heart of the matter!

Can you explain how is it wrong?
I might be able to understand after your explaination

I could be an ass and say something like...

... but I won't do that. Instead, I will try to explain to you why I cannot explain it to you.

The history of such lists, the uses which have been made of them, and the cost in human suffering which has inevitably resulted from them are fairly well known -- or else can be learned from a few internet searches. Once you have a better familiarity with the history of the matter, I have no doubt that you will also discover the reason why keeping lists of political enemies is wrong. I will not have explained it to you. You will have explained it to yourself.

I wish you well in your search.