VIRTUAL REALITY IS READY TO BE MARKETED 2016

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Getting back on track... ;)

Does anyone here think this technology is a little frightening? Like maybe someone could use it to control our perceived reality? I'm thinking along the lines of The Matrix, everyone hooked up to this artificial reality, so realistic that it seems authentic? How would you know what's real and what's not?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I don't think it's frightening. I look at it as a new avenue to pursue for entertainment. I always wanted to try skydiving. That would probably be more doable in VR.

TnWatchdog

Getting back on track... ;)

Does anyone here think this technology is a little frightening? Like maybe someone could use it to control our perceived reality? I'm thinking along the lines of The Matrix, everyone hooked up to this artificial reality, so realistic that it seems authentic? How would you know what's real and what's not?
A couple good religious movies...Revelation and Tribulation staring Jeff Fahey and Gary Busy, respectively call the VR, 'The Day of Wonders'. You put them on and you see what you want to see and the devil shows up and kills you while wearing them, if you don't follow him. I think the movies are well done...check out the trailers.

Martian

It is frightening, kind of like when Dr Evil had sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads. Humans with frickin' VR goggles attached to their heads seem more dangerous. :D

614115-laser-sharks-.jpg
vs
vr-goggles.jpg

Yeah. Scary.

Itheblaze

Whats to stop a group of scientists to pay desperate women to have babies in some secret, underground facility. Strap them in a VR world that they programed, and run all sorts of experiments?