Visions of a past?

Negan

THE member
I've posted what I'm about to post on numerous forums for the past ten or more years and never got any answers. (Mainly because I don't know what I'm asking.) I'm not sure if these are dreams I've had as a kid and grew up making them more real in my mind, or if these are in fact something else. Either way, they've helped shape me into the person I am now. They've been with me as long as I can remember.

For now, I'm going to refer to them as "memories" even though I don't know if they are.

Memory 1:
It's what I believe to be the 30's, or maybe the 40's. I'm in what I believe is an apartment building standing outside a large wooden doorway to an apartment. I know I'm seriously tense. The door opens and I'm greeted by a wall which is part of a hallway that goes immediately to the right. For some reason, this wall is what I remember most vividly. It's burgundy with little leafs, maybe they're Fleur-de-lis. They're gold and in contrast with the burgundy background. As I start walking down this relatively short hall, there's a lamp with a golden lamp shade. As I walk past it, the hallway opens up into a living room with a large deep red leather sofa made out of wood and leather. There's a man sitting smoking a cigar, a large man standing to the left of him at the end of the sofa and a violin (or violin case) on the far left wall with what I think is a large window.

I don't know who these are, and my "memory" stops here. But I get the feeling it was something bad.

Memory 2:
This one is strange. I'm in what I feel like is a car of some sort but I don't feel connected to any era. I'm a rear seat passenger and there are three other people in the car (or perhaps four). I know I'm in trouble, at least that's the feeling I have. As we drive down this road, we arrive at two very large statues of some sort made out of metal / aluminum. They're very shiny in the sun. Between the two statues there's a deep hole. I think these statues might have newly been erected, or at least some work was being done to the area. I'm thrown into this hole when one of these large statues gets pushed over me.

The first memory I see in first person, the second I see as a movie except for when I'm thrown into the hole when I see everything in first person.

Memory 2 has had the biggest impact on my life. I've been strangely interested in massive objects made of metal. Be it buildings, statues or what have you.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any similar experiences? Anyone know if their experiences are "legit" or just random dreams? Perhaps someone knows what these are if they're not just over exaggerated dreams.

Thanks for looking.

Mayhem

Zenith
You are not alone in your experiences of dreams, i feel its somewhat a bridge to an earlier life that was not closed of from one to the next.

Similar say to not carrying over knowledge from one life to the next for the reasons that may seem foreign to a lot that dont believe in reincarnation.

Negan

THE member
Thanks for the reply Mayhem. That's the issue though. I'm not 100% certain these are (were) dreams. I've always had them, but if they stemmed from some childhood dream then A) They're dreams and B) How screwed up was I as a kid dreaming about dying?