Vortex detecting equipment

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I think it would be more likely that you would locate things with iron in them. Or possibly other magnets.

brian jj

I think it would be more likely that you would locate things with iron in them. Or possibly other magnets.

the beauty f this device is that it detects high gradient fields. an iron or magnet would make several compasses move not one compass

steven chiverton

I just invented a vortex detecting device. I glued a bunch of compasses to a styrofoam stick in a row.
If there are magnetic field distortions the compass at the end will move while the others will not. I have a small vortex on my bedroom and the needles move barely when you stick it around.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
you can make a much more sensitive compass so sensitive it will react to the slightest current traveling through the inside wiring of a small torch ill explain if theres enough room here to do it

steven chiverton

lets see how you do that mr genius.
one galss of warm and very salty water stir it well and let it settle then put a small peace of flatt tissue on top of the water and then magnetise a very thin sewing needle so the pointy end is north then gently sit it on top of the tissue and if the tissue sinks the needle will stay a float and be very sensitive to magnetic fields, repeat this if you have trouble getting the needle to float on top of the glass of warm salty water , make sure nothing magnetic is nearby so there you have it a magnetic feild detector super sensitive

brian jj

if you really want to get sensitive why don't you build a fluxgate magnetometer. it can detect cars up to 100 feet away.

steven chiverton

if you really want to get sensitive why don't you build a fluxgate magnetometer. it can detect cars up to 100 feet away.
if thats anywhere like the schematics for it that i had then the parts will be hard to get let alone when they use old hard to get transistors etc etc id stick to the magnetic needle floated on top of water cheaper easy to do

brian jj

So are you arguing that your water compass is better than my 2.00 row of compasses? So how will you take this water compass to the field to detect vortexes? are you sure the needle didn;t move because you moved? thats why you need a linear row of them so you can see relative needle deflections.

The parts are easy to get for a fluxgate. google " fluxgate magnetometer 555"