Was Jesus born with Original Sin?

alpha centauri

As we discuss a supernaturally based religion that has never shown anything to just8ify the adoration of a genocidal and infanticidal prick 0of a god.

As to the fantasy of Eden that we are talking about, Christianity has yet to come up with a talking serpent or donkey and are without any proof of their fantasy being real.
I agree on that point. But what do you want to discuss? You have to assume the stories are true and then compare the religions.

The stories are the same. Why should Jews be better? I dont understand your opening post.

Last edited:

alpha centauri

New covenant.

Need I say more.

How many commandments in the O.T.? 10 .

How many commandments did Jesus give? 2.
There are more laws than 10 in the Old Testament.

There are also difference in Christianity. Some Christians say you still have the same laws, some say you dont.

But nevertheless that would mean you have more responsibility for your actions not less and you have more free will, because you have less laws.

Gnostic Christian

The stories are the same. Why should Jews be better?

Because Jews do not insult Yahweh by thinking he is a genocidal and infanticidal god. Christian literalism is the new and stupid kid on the block.

Literalist idol worship the equivalent to a super Hitler. Gnostic Christians do not think such a vile prick of a god is a good god.

We, unlike Christians, do not use inquisitions, nor do we promote the likes of a super Hitler God.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

There are more laws than 10 in the Old Testament.

There are also difference in Christianity. Some Christians say you still have the same laws, some say you dont.

But nevertheless that would mean you have more responsibility for your actions not less and you have more free will, because you have less laws.

There are 3 very different sets of commandments in the bible. Need I say more of this mythical big 10.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Those who will use Jesus as their scapegoat are ending in hell for not stepping up to their responsibilities for their sins and scriptures are clear that we do not have free will as god hardens hearts.

Gnostic Christianity and it's laws are superior to that of the inquisition users that is all of Christianity today.

The religious need to admit it.

Regards
DL

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
How did he chase the money changers away? Nice words? No. Violence.

Jesus said he came to bring war, and here you prefer to ignore his words. Tsk tsk.

Satan, to Jews, was god's loyal opposition. That is why Christians sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

No one practices what Jesus taught so I do not know why you quote that old adage.
How did Jesus really get the money changers to go away? Not by violence, not by whipping them. He was without doubt angry, but he didn't use violence; rather, he turned over the money tables. I'm not sure where you're getting your notions for the opposite. Then again, a lot can be lost in translation.

alpha centauri

Because Jews do not insult Yahweh by thinking he is a genocidal and infanticidal god. Christian literalism is the new and stupid kid on the block.

Literalist idol worship the equivalent to a super Hitler.
Why should Christian do that? These people, which insult Yahweh, are mainly Atheists . Maybe some Christians do insult their own God, I dont know. But that would be weird.

The most Christian, that I know, do not take everything literally. A lot of them see the stories as metaphors.

Gnostic Christians do not think such a vile prick of a god is a good god.

We, unlike Christians, do not use inquisitions, nor do we promote the likes of a super Hitler God.
Yes, that is why I wondered about your opening post. Because you have to hate all abrahamitic religions and not only Christians.

Christians generally dont use the inquisition anymore. As I said there is not "the Christian faith." You can say that about every religion. And also every nation. That is also why so much countries hate each other, because of things that happened long ago. The time of the inquisition is past.

Love is the better answer.

But you obviously believe in the existence of God as a Gnostic Christian. So you should also believe in the supernatural.
Is that supposition correct?

There are 3 very different sets of commandments in the bible. Need I say more of this mythical big 10.
This is your thread. Say something or not. But I know a lot of them. So it will probably be not something new to me.

Those who will use Jesus as their scapegoat are ending in hell for not stepping up to their responsibilities for their sins and scriptures are clear that we do not have free will as god hardens hearts.
So you believe in hell? Do I have this right?

I dont think God hardens the heart. I think that are negative beings. But God can strenghen the hearts.

Gnostic Christianity and it's laws are superior to that of the inquisition users that is all of Christianity today.

The religious need to admit it.

You can read minds of something like that? Or why should I believe you that you know all Christians? The Christians that i know dont believe in inquisition. Maybe you sourround yourself with the wrong persons.

Last edited:

Gnostic Christian

How did Jesus really get the money changers to go away? Not by violence, not by whipping them. He was without doubt angry, but he didn't use violence; rather, he turned over the money tables. I'm not sure where you're getting your notions for the opposite. Then again, a lot can be lost in translation.

Read your own version of whichever of the myriad of bibles out there.

Strange that you would not see turning tables over and scattering the cash all over is not, in a sense, theft and mayhem.

Did you reward your kids for acting out and in fact stealing?

Regards
DL

Last edited:

Gnostic Christian

So you should also believe in the supernatural.
Is that supposition correct?

No. Neither did Jesus.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL