Was The Count Saint Germain a Time Traveler?

Samstwitch

Hi Paula, Wikipedia says he was born in 1712 and died in 1784. I could not find anything that says he claimed to be centuries old. Would you please post information and links showing us why you think he might have been a time traveler?

Khaos

where the wild things are
After checking out the fifth reference link, where it refers to him being 500 years old in the wikipedia article, it jumps over to Britannica which mentions nothing about him being 500 years old.

After doing a google search, I came across this:

COUNT ST. GERMAIN - WORMWOOD CHRONICLES

And I found a tidbit about his supposed age of 500 years.

There were many who felt the silver-tongued stranger was a skilled charlatan adept at misleading the gullible. And indeed, many still feel that much of St. Germain's legend was balderdash. But the Count himself was aware of this and commented on it: "These foolish Parisians believe that I am 500 years old. I confirm them in this idea because I see that it gives them much pleasure...not that I am not infinitely older than I appear."

Of course this article makes no mention of references. The problem with things that happened so many centuries ago, up until around the 18th and 19th, there was not a lot of record keeping. They did do record keeping, but only for things that were large, historical and had an impact. He did have an impact, he was an alchemist, he was a writer, an adventurer. If he did make that quote above, I'm willing to bet that is him admitting his guilt.

Someone like him who is a writer and explorer, adventurer, have gifted imaginations, and are able to pull at the strings of belief of others. Probably what he did. He made a claim he was 500 years old, and people believed it. But there's nothing more about it, no actual quote, just a story. Reminds me of my theory on Jesus a bit... But that's not what this topic is about.

Samstwitch

Khaos, thanks for posting that info. Still, I see nothing that would indicate he could be considered a Time Traveler. The myth surrounding him is that he lived 5 centuries, but where is the tie-in to time travel?

Satori17

After checking out the fifth reference link, where it refers to him being 500 years old in the wikipedia article, it jumps over to Britannica which mentions nothing about him being 500 years old.
After doing a google search, I came across this:
COUNT ST. GERMAIN - WORMWOOD CHRONICLES
And I found a tidbit about his supposed age of 500 years.
Of course this article makes no mention of references. The problem with things that happened so many centuries ago, up until around the 18th and 19th, there was not a lot of record keeping. They did do record keeping, but only for things that were large, historical and had an impact. He did have an impact, he was an alchemist, he was a writer, an adventurer. If he did make that quote above, I'm willing to bet that is him admitting his guilt.
Someone like him who is a writer and explorer, adventurer, have gifted imaginations, and are able to pull at the strings of belief of others. Probably what he did. He made a claim he was 500 years old, and people believed it. But there's nothing more about it, no actual quote, just a story. Reminds me of my theory on Jesus a bit... But that's not what this topic is about.

Satori17

Khaos, thanks for posting that info. Still, I see nothing that would indicate he could be considered a Time Traveler. The myth surrounding him is that he lived 5 centuries, but where is the tie-in to time travel?

It is believed he did timed-travel because of this from work written by Count St. Germaine himself "La Tres Sainte Trinosophie":

"We moved through space at a speed that can be compared with nothing but itself. Within a fraction of a second, the plains below us were out of sight and the Earth had become but a faint Nebula".