We Could Find Aliens Any Day Now: SETI Scientists Discuss Extraterrestrial Life Hunting

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
It does seem to me that that they are softening us up for some kind of disclosure...
Will probably be some micro organisms existing in space or on a comet or something...
Not holding my breath :(
I agree... I think we're being "primed" for a taste of the truth, but like you said; baby steps.. Microorganisms or something like that...

TimeFlipper

It does seem to me that that they are softening us up for some kind of disclosure...
Will probably be some micro organisms existing in space or on a comet or something...
Not holding my breath :(
Maybe the micro organisms are designed to kill other invading aliens, like in the movie War Of The Worlds where our own organisms killed off them pesky Martians :eek::D..FYI i still prefer the original version ;)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I agree that it's kinda unlikely that technologically evolved aliens out there are communicating using ways and technologies similar to ours. Or, if they did, they didn't use it for long. For instance, look at us. For how long have we been communicating in ways that can be detected in space? A century? We can't be sure we're still going to communicate that way in another 100 years.

Krish

The best way to learn extraterrestrial life is via a gadget that reduces the space in a dime size space between us and 10,000 light years...in other words a wormhole....that you can get a fiber optic lens and find out who does what...I can design that but since the technology can also be used to make bombs...by bad people...and throw through , I will not do that....for many many years...thanks.

Poison Pen

If only SETI would realize that trying to find alien signals using our old tech is a long shot at best. I would hope we start sending probes out.
Maybe the probes thats been sent out to take pictures of other planets do have advanced technology in them, but as usual we never hear anything about it! o_0

Yep. Their goal is to talk about it but hide anything they find.

Derrick C.

ET phone Earth! We could be on the verge of answering one of the essential questions of humanity that has captivated our minds for centuries. As we advance in technology the search for extraterrestrial life becomes more sophisticated and promising. But the real frosting on the cake would be finding any signs of an intelligent alien civilization.

You are being redirected...

we will find it and most likely on Mars and underground