Werewolfs

Derrick C.

I think Werewolves are just superstition and misidentification.

Don't the Americans have a Dogman race that seem to operate with the Sasquatch, I believe that there have been a few sightings of both together. Interestingly the Dog creatures being subservient to the Bigfoots.

you could be bright BUT theres way to many real legitimate accounts of dogmen/Werewolfs around the world and here in the United States, have you heard of or read any books by Linda Godfrey? read some of her books and the pretty much prove there is at least a undiscovered species of cannine that walks on two legs with the head of a dog/wolf roaming in the United States and other countries, i guess till someone is killed or injured or a hunter or someone brings one in we will never know, me personally i would love to go hunt them myself hehe:D:)

LisaTiffany

Nak Sae Glim

That was in 2Samuel 23:20 and in 1Chronicles 11:22. Very intriguing indeed. In ' Legends of the Jews' volume one, one of Esau's descendant, Anah, had a most unusual experience. Once, when he was pasturing his father's asses in the wilderness, he led them to one of the deserts on the shores of the Red Sea, opposite the wilderness of the nations, and while he was feeding the beasts, a very heavey storm came from the other side of the sea, and the asses could not move. Then, about 120 great and terrible animals came out from the wilderness at the other side of the sea, and they all came to the place where the asses were, and they placed themselves there. From the middle down, these animals were in the shape of a man, and from the middle up, some had the likeness of bears, some of apes, and they all had tails behind them like the tail of the 'dukipat' (your guess is as good as mine), from their shoulders reaching down to the earth. The animals mounted the asses, and they rode away with them, and unto this day no eye hath seen them. One of them approached Anah, and smote him with its tail, and then ran off. Many went back to search for these creatures or the missing asses to no avail.

I've often wondered about this story also.
I fact I have put forth a theory myself that somewhat ties into the concept. Yet is slightly if possible, harder to believe. However I feel far more likely than man beasts.
The concept came from the translation for the word "dukipat". I poured over references and original translations one night and found a coralation between the word dukipat and the English word hoopoe.. not being familiar with the animal a quick Google search brought me to some astounding ideas. that along with the original text I feel is quite grounded.

The hoopoe is a type of bird, it has a very distinctive headdress. Currious I went back to the text and found that it could have been translated differently to read instead of the creatures having tails.. it could of stood for headdress, or plumage. A fitting reason to reference the hoopoe, if the creatures had similar head pieces. Like the native Americans wore. Now how they came to steal his donkeys or why is beyond me for lack of knowledge of native American movements and location at the time.
However, they are known to wear headresses that are similar to the hoopoe, they wear animal skins and heads.. and they ride bare back.

Yes it is a long shot and very much out of touch with modern historical accounts.. however I feel it is a valid theory.

Sorry if it's off topic.. just wanted to share my own understanding.

*attached picture showing Hoopoe bird, native headress and native warparty

Attachments

• Untitled_6.png
    Untitled_6.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

Itheblaze

It could also be an ancient animal that has been hunted into extinction. A Jewish scholar would know. But alas, he would only talk to you, I have the wrong plumbing and a gentile to boot. Also, I know the Ancient Egyptians, used the Red Sea, and of course the Israelites, not so sure about Indians. I don't know about to smote someone with a headdress either. A tail yes.

Nak Sae Glim

The original text spoke of more of a snap of a whip than a punch. I believe he inference is as if a whip of a tail. The headdress that natives wear is not a common item either, not as we know them now. Taken from the "tail feathers" of eagles. Yes, the tail feathers. Now currently, an as we historicly know them, the headdress was worn by either a chief or great warrior.
However these warriors came from the red sea, and returned as such with the donkeys. They had the lower halfs of men, and upper halfs of bears, lions, and apes.
Bears and lions being common knowledge in the area.. apes being a very unlikely creature to see at the time.
Now I'm not arguing it was native Americans haha.. that's crazy talk. However I would contend it was a native culture like the native Americans. Maybe even their ancestors?
They came by , either a sandbar that was revealed during the storm. Or aboard a boat of some kind.
They had the appearance of animals, and had tail feathers..
It seems logical at least

I do not believe it was wereewolf like creatures.. but I do believe it is a mystery worth further investigation.

*also note this would of been the second time, a group had crossed the red sea, seemingly without the aid of a ship. As we have no mention of it in the text.

Last edited: