What do people think of Tarot?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I've heard people here and there over the years, share experiences about it. It seemed like a believable thing to some extent.

I don't have first-hand experience with it though. Never went to someone doing it. I'm curious to know what others have experienced.

lamdo263

What do people think of it? To me it's almost always accurate just like Astrology
Yeah, to an extent. But one has to be aware of synchrony that exist within their personal domains. For instance, if your birthdate or a favorite number have both been occurring from time to time as being noteworthy, then in the cards, looks for that same principle.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The issue I have with things like this is bias. You have a desired outcome in your head so you will most likely interpret the cards in your favor.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I've always thought of tarot more as a guide or conduit rather than predicting or telling the future. Each card obviously has a universal meaning, but the deck becomes more personal when combined with the users intuition and can help give insight uniquely for the individual. The more time you spend with it, the more familiar and comfortable you'll be interpreting readings. It can be a useful tool, but you may not always like what the cards reveal to you...

Beholder

Be aware of "friends" who purposefully select a full hand of negative Tarot cards just to mess with you. It happens.

I also prefer dream interpretations because it actually relates to the state of mind for better accuracy.

Wind7

Staff
The issue I have with things like this is bias. You have a desired outcome in your head so you will most likely interpret the cards in your favor.

This is true to some extent.

The better readers meditate to rid all outside / inside influence before tainting with inner confliction.
Those whom do not......Well......They can end up predicting from their own state of chaos.

That's why the form of Tarot (and others*) can be soooo misleading.

*(Pendulum.....Scrying.......Psychography......Etc)