What do you think will happen in the near and far out future?

Will aliens invade the planet, will global warming wipe out most people, will the lack of long term sustaniable farming techniques cause mass famine, will most people be living in underground bunkers, will a biological weapons made by in a basement kill the human race, will super bacteria and viruses kill most or all of humanity off, will most people because jobless when robots are predicted by many "experts" be able to do over 70% of the jobs humans are doing in around 20 years, when will people colonize mars and near solar systems?

Will humans be mostly silicon based in the far out future or the near future, will humanity not get through the great filter, will nanobots be able to self propogate and destroy the planet or reconstruct molecules to create food solving mass starvation, will somebody invent a way to travel faster then the speed of light or and close to the speed of light easly?

sci-fi logical

Num7

Administrator
I'm curious as to how space travel will evolve. How much efforts will be put into it and what we're going to discover. FTL would be great, but unlikely, sadly.

I predict that something unexpected will happen, like the Internet in the 90s-2000s. No one saw it coming and it changed everything. Expect a similar phenomenon to happen again. Something new will pop-up and change everything. :)

I'm curious as to how space travel will evolve. How much efforts will be put into it and what we're going to discover. FTL would be great, but unlikely, sadly.

I predict that something unexpected will happen, like the Internet in the 90s-2000s. No one saw it coming and it changed everything. Expect a similar phenomenon to happen again. Something new will pop-up and change everything. :)
The seemingly unlikely things occur all the time, I think I just figured it out thanks for the stimulus!

really, just did, has to do with black holes! isn't it true that blackholes suck up "space time" or compress the space time within a certain area into a small "ball therefore if you put something next a black hole and cause that black hole to disapate then the instant before space takes up all the area again there is an instant where if that object is introduced into where there is no space there would be nothing inbetween the beginning and the end of "no space" for the object.? True that other regions of space could "fill the gap", what if a circle of blackholes was created around a black hole in the center and only the one in the center was caused to evaporate. Literally there is no space between one point and another therefore that could be considered traveling faster then the speed of light, and if hyperspace exists wouldn't hyperspace possible be the only thing left?

Last edited: