What Evidence Would You Need for a Time Travel Claim?

titorite

Why would a time traveller expose themselves?

Immaterial. Not relevant to the question of the thread. The question of the thread was, "What would you need for a time travels claim?" This is obvious troll research. Once finished said troll could enjoy many manipulations on the Time travel institute, anomilies, elsewhere....fuck that.

Titor exposed himself. He did (I think) because he could and he knew he could get away with it for a time longer..... And he did not even expose himself..... He was never exposed....just open.

Now here today.. time has moved technology forward.

Would a worldline traveler expose themselves here and now in todays world? I doubt it.... but face book was not their in 99.... nor was myspace......nor was their a camera in every cell phone... hell in 99 people still used pagers. You remember the beeper right? Dead tech now but back in 99 it was hot shit.

What evidence would I need?

Fuck if I know and damned if I would say. Troll thread gets no troll bait from me.

Sliders

This is not necessarily true.
And your reason?

Finally! I've been leaving little "gems" all over this forum. Someone finally notices!

When Titor and others have said that it is impossible to return to the same worldline they were being truthful in their statement. Similarly, when they also said that world lines do not interact, this was also true. Many here and elsewhere posting about Titor and MWI have claimed that Titor used "divergence" to explain away why his predictions did not come true. This is incorrect.

Without getting too in the weeds of things and to stay on topic, Titor did not use divergence as an easy explanation as to why his predictions would (potentially) not come true. He doubled down on his statements by saying that the 2.5% div was not enough to avoid what was coming.

But the topic is, the true and real kernel of the question is: if a "time traveler" were sent back in time to (if we are to assume) change the past, why in the world would his mission planners send him on a mission that would have zero affect on the WL of origin?

This belief that there would be no affect is erroneous. The WL of Origin WOULD receive the benefits of the changes done in a "neighboring" universe.

MWI is not a stumbling block to changing the course of human history,
it is the mechanism by which it is possible.

Allow me to explain: In MWI, it is a given that an infinite number of universes exist (or will exist) and they are (for our purposes) arrayed as spokes on a wheel. The spokes closest to our origin (top dead center in this example) have the least divergence while those farther away have the larger.

Now, because these spokes (universes) are carbon copies of each other, this means that (if we're keeping the div's small) every universe has a John Titor on it doing the exact same thing. He is born on the same day/time, he grows up he dies. What he also does at some point in his life is "hop" world lines, resulting in "time travel."

So, let's say that Titor was telling the truth that he was from 2036 and in 2036 he traveled down his own WL of origin. At the point of turning his machine off, he hops over to the spoke to the left. He then exists on this spoke until such time that he decides to return home (to do he must return to his point of entry on the current WL and retrace his steps). We are all familiar with this and John explained this fairly well. We also understand that any changes that Titor makes while on his new "spoke" do not affect his WL of origin because they do not interact.

This is a lie while still remaining, technically, correct.

So far, in the above example, we have only been tracing the movement of ONE John Titor in his movements up and down and across world lines. In our example above, we followed the movement of John from the top dead center "spoke" to the spoke immediately to its left.

What has gone missing from this example and others like it is:

What does the John Titor on the spoke immediately to the right of the top dead center spoke do?

If you answer this question, you will be one step closer to understanding the larger picture of how "time travel" is used.

No, I am not a "troll."

As always,
Kind Regards
TR
How can you be so sure it was only ONE John, even when he was in our WL (spoke) we had 2 of them here, what if their were others? also if original john at 2036 jumped WL (spoke) then can we assume, other John's on other WL (spokes..) also jumped?

And your reason?

Finally! I've been leaving little "gems" all over this forum. Someone finally notices!

When Titor and others have said that it is impossible to return to the same worldline they were being truthful in their statement. Similarly, when they also said that world lines do not interact, this was also true. Many here and elsewhere posting about Titor and MWI have claimed that Titor used "divergence" to explain away why his predictions did not come true. This is incorrect.

Without getting too in the weeds of things and to stay on topic, Titor did not use divergence as an easy explanation as to why his predictions would (potentially) not come true. He doubled down on his statements by saying that the 2.5% div was not enough to avoid what was coming.

But the topic is, the true and real kernel of the question is: if a "time traveler" were sent back in time to (if we are to assume) change the past, why in the world would his mission planners send him on a mission that would have zero affect on the WL of origin?

This belief that there would be no affect is erroneous. The WL of Origin WOULD receive the benefits of the changes done in a "neighboring" universe.

MWI is not a stumbling block to changing the course of human history,
it is the mechanism by which it is possible.

Allow me to explain: In MWI, it is a given that an infinite number of universes exist (or will exist) and they are (for our purposes) arrayed as spokes on a wheel. The spokes closest to our origin (top dead center in this example) have the least divergence while those farther away have the larger.

Now, because these spokes (universes) are carbon copies of each other, this means that (if we're keeping the div's small) every universe has a John Titor on it doing the exact same thing. He is born on the same day/time, he grows up he dies. What he also does at some point in his life is "hop" world lines, resulting in "time travel."

So, let's say that Titor was telling the truth that he was from 2036 and in 2036 he traveled down his own WL of origin. At the point of turning his machine off, he hops over to the spoke to the left. He then exists on this spoke until such time that he decides to return home (to do he must return to his point of entry on the current WL and retrace his steps). We are all familiar with this and John explained this fairly well. We also understand that any changes that Titor makes while on his new "spoke" do not affect his WL of origin because they do not interact.

This is a lie while still remaining, technically, correct.

So far, in the above example, we have only been tracing the movement of ONE John Titor in his movements up and down and across world lines. In our example above, we followed the movement of John from the top dead center "spoke" to the spoke immediately to its left.

What has gone missing from this example and others like it is:

What does the John Titor on the spoke immediately to the right of the top dead center spoke do?

If you answer this question, you will be one step closer to understanding the larger picture of how "time travel" is used.

No, I am not a "troll."

As always,
Kind Regards
TR
How can you be so sure it was only ONE John, even when he was in our WL (spoke) we had 2 of them here, what if their were others?
We know there was only one John (or rather, one team) because only ONE John left his original world line. The odds of multiple Johns landing on the same world line (ours) is so astronimically small that it is, essentially, (almost but not quite) impossible.
also if original john at 2036 jumped WL (spoke) then can we assume, other John's on other WL (spokes..) also jumped?
This is correct. Imagine two mirrors facing each other.

Why would a time traveller expose themselves?

Immaterial. Not relevant to the question of the thread. The question of the thread was, "What would you need for a time travels claim?" This is obvious troll research. Once finished said troll could enjoy many manipulations on the Time travel institute, anomilies, elsewhere....fuck that.

Titor exposed himself. He did (I think) because he could and he knew he could get away with it for a time longer..... And he did not even expose himself..... He was never exposed....just open.

Now here today.. time has moved technology forward.

Would a worldline traveler expose themselves here and now in todays world? I doubt it.... but face book was not their in 99.... nor was myspace......nor was their a camera in every cell phone... hell in 99 people still used pagers. You remember the beeper right? Dead tech now but back in 99 it was hot shit.

What evidence would I need?

Fuck if I know and damned if I would say. Troll thread gets no troll bait from me.

I can appreciate your concern that this thread's purpose is simply to compile information. I assure you, that is not the case, though...what would it take you to believe such an assurance?

No, my purpose for asking the question was to highlight the many times debunkers and those who do not wish to grapple with the idea of time travel by using the "that was easily guessed" or the "that was just a coincidence" arguments.

As ever
Kind Regards
TR

HDRKID

I predicted that there would be no economic recovery. Also, that things would get worse.

THIS JUST IN.
TAKEN FROM Amazon reports weak results, shares slip - Yahoo! News UK
Amazon shares slipped slightly to $221 in after-hours trading after the results.
The company said its third-quarter net loss was $274 million (170 million pounds), or 60 cents a share, versus net income of $63 million, or 14 cents a share, in the third quarter of 2011. Part of the loss was related to an impairment charge from Amazon's investment in daily deal company LivingSocial.

Debunkers say that everything is fine and I am crazy. Well, look at amazon. They are the biggest internet retailing company. Like they are losing money. That is not a good sign.

bomberman

I predicted that there would be no economic recovery. Also, that things would get worse.

THIS JUST IN.
TAKEN FROM Amazon reports weak results, shares slip - Yahoo! News UK
Amazon shares slipped slightly to $221 in after-hours trading after the results.
The company said its third-quarter net loss was $274 million (170 million pounds), or 60 cents a share, versus net income of $63 million, or 14 cents a share, in the third quarter of 2011. Part of the loss was related to an impairment charge from Amazon's investment in daily deal company LivingSocial.

Debunkers say that everything is fine and I am crazy. Well, look at amazon. They are the biggest internet retailing company. Like they are losing money. That is not a good sign.
Wow u just keep amazing me with your incredible predictions, hdrkid !

titorite

Black holes are still just a mathematical theory. Out of all those stars in the sky, and not one black hole can be confirmed yet. But don't believe me. Go do your own search online. t?

I did and as it turns out they are not very theoretical at all but rather very very real and observed.

LOFAR Telescope captures super-massive black hole as it inflates giant bubble
Washington, October 30 (ANI): Astronomers have used a brand-new radio telescope to produce one of the best images ever made at the lowest frequencies of giant bubbles produced by a super-massive black hole The …Smash Hits.com · 10/29/2012
Super-massive black hole inflates giant bubble
phys.org
LOFAR Sees Bubble of Particles in M87
sci-news.com
In-depth coverage
Monster Galaxy May Have Been Stirred Up By Black-hole Mischief
The team is now conducting follow-up observations with the Very Large Array radio telescope (VLA) in New Mexico. The astronomers expect material falling onto a black hole to emit radio waves, among other types of …Hubble Site · 10/25/2012
Monster Galaxy Stirred Up by Black-Hole Mischief?
SpaceRef
Monster galaxy's puffy core may have been created by merging black holes
Newstrack India
In-depth coverage
Revealing a mini-supermassive black hole
Of these four black holes, two have masses that may be close to that of the black hole in NGC 4178. XMM-Newton observations of an X-ray source discovered by Chandra in the center of the galaxy NGC 4561 indicate that …Eureka! Science News · 10/24/2012
Light-Weight Supermassive Black Hole Discovered
Overclockers Club
In-depth coverage[/quote][/quote]