Debate What happens after science?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Imagine science in 10 years, in 100 years, even in a thousand years. We can't stop it from advancing at an incredible pace. When we reach a certain level of science advancement, a very high level, is science going to provide answers to everything we can possibly encounter, ever? Does science has an end? Then when (and if) there's an answer for every question and every problem, what happens? Is it over, are we done?

Do you believe there's more out there, than hard science? In other words, can science be the answer to everything, or will it be in the far future? If not, why?

What do you think? Is there something after science?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I think the fantasy science taught by our educational system has to eventually come to an end. It will eventually be replaced by overwhelming facts.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Imagine science in 10 years, in 100 years, even in a thousand years. We can't stop it from advancing at an incredible pace. When we reach a certain level of science advancement, a very high level, is science going to provide answers to everything we can possibly encounter, ever? Does science has an end? Then when (and if) there's an answer for every question and every problem, what happens? Is it over, are we done?

Do you believe there's more out there, than hard science? In other words, can science be the answer to everything, or will it be in the far future? If not, why?

We will probably get so far that we will destroy ourselves or replace ourselves with androids. I would imagine that science is infinite like the universe, though. Even if we manage to learn everything we can about our own planet, there are still thousands of other planets to explore with new information. The only end would be when the universe itself ends.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

science is cool and all, however I truly believe that one day, not to far away, we will discover our whole understanding of everything is, well, poppy-cock, and balder-dash, foolishness, without even a basic concept about the true nature of our own existence. without a clue, totally ignorant, of the universe as it really is. I am not even sure our little peanut brains can even comprehend just what would be contained in the sum total of all knowledge..

somehow I don't see science as providing an answer's to any question's of consequence. all results we can observe are restricted to a disclaimer of ( as observed under this set of conditions ) ie, our known parameters of sensory perception...

Justinian

Most of our science is based on one very common thing. Time. I think that time is our biggest hurdle that humanity will ever be able to overcome. Once we can do that it should open up a lot of doors. I'm not talking time travel. So don't get your panties in a bunch. I mean that everything we do is based on how long something takes. How long it takes to get from A to B or how long it takes for an apple to fall from the tree which helps calculate gravity.. Or something along those lines, don't hammer me on details of it. Point is that I think once we overcome our training wheels of this time issue, that is when I believe science is ended and a new form of thinking will emerge. We should call it, "Justinianology". You heard it here first folks.