What Happens When You Drink Coke

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm glad I no longer drink as much soda as I used to.

J9EgvSh.png

Feel free to read the complete article here:
What Happens To Your Body 60 Minutes After Drinking A Can Of Coke | IFLScience

Do you drink a ton of soda? Will this make you reconsider your coke cravings and perhaps fight them with a less damaging drink?

CDS

I'm glad I no longer drink as much soda as I used to.

J9EgvSh.png

Feel free to read the complete article here:
What Happens To Your Body 60 Minutes After Drinking A Can Of Coke | IFLScience

Do you drink a ton of soda? Will this make you reconsider your coke cravings and perhaps fight them with a less damaging drink?

Yes it does Num7, but I drink diet coke and hear it's much more damaging in that way and it increases the chance of getting type 2 diabetes. :cautious: I've been switching over to real fruit juice. Love the Capri suns :cool:

LisaTiffany

I'd drink soda maybe once a month and even then it would only be one small can of Jamaican fiery hot root beer, I can't even remember the last time I drank Coke, but I do remember seeing a bone left in Coke over night and the next day it bounced like a rubber ball - after that I steered clear from soda. I've seen how they make it when it's not in cans too and it was horrible, it was like sticky tar in a barrel which then hooked up to a drinks station where you place your cup for refills/etc, it looked like something from the waste lands of a Mad Max movie but then whatever the drinks station did turned it into the "normal" Coke you see in cans and bottles. o_0

TimeFlipper

I'd drink soda maybe once a month and even then it would only be one small can of Jamaican fiery hot root beer, I can't even remember the last time I drank Coke, but I do remember seeing a bone left in Coke over night and the next day it bounced like a rubber ball - after that I steered clear from soda. I've seen how they make it when it's not in cans too and it was horrible, it was like sticky tar in a barrel which then hooked up to a drinks station where you place your cup for refills/etc, it looked like something from the waste lands of a Mad Max movie but then whatever the drinks station did turned it into the "normal" Coke you see in cans and bottles. o_0
For goodness sake Lisa, Dont mention that bones were in Coke, TnWatchDawg will be buying up loads :D

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, I heard several times that diet sodas aren't any better. I don't remember exactly what were the side effects, but they didn't seem to be any better.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I'm wondering, was Coke always made this way, or were production methods much simpler and more pure back in the day? If they were much different like I'm suspecting, my guess is that Coke would have been a lot healthier than it is today.

CDS

I'm wondering, was Coke always made this way, or were production methods much simpler and more pure back in the day? If they were much different like I'm suspecting, my guess is that Coke would have been a lot healthier than it is today.

The original formula had cocaine in it (if mem serves).

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith

The original formula had cocaine in it (if mem serves).
Yeah, I can believe that. I've heard that too. I meant minus the cocaine, by the way.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I used to be a Coke-aholic. A case a week was my consumption rate. I would stock up when there would be a two for one sale and sometimes a three for one sale. Usually I would buy enough to make it to the next sale. About a two month supply was my usual Coke run. Now I don't drink Coke at all. Back then I didn't know it was bad for you.