What historical events would you change if you could travel back in time?

label

@label - No need to be ashamed; you didn't have to delete your post; I just wanted you to learn a lesson here. But I'll delete that post entirely if you wish it so.

Not shame really... It is true that the many of us will view our entire human history as a crime. That is because very little good has happened over such a long time. So it is only natural for us to think "this event i would change" or "that should never happen".

However who is that you will change with that event? Will you still be who you are? Will you love the same person? Will you find the same happiness? Will the same innovations occur? As much as i detest the past and would rather let humanity start over and start anew, who am i to play god over each life that was born out of those events? Because fundamentally by changing the past these people will be simply never come into being.

Somewhere someone is happy, who am i to undo not only their happiness bur their livelihood? i have no right and that was my perspective.

If i knew that my alterations will not effect a single life negatively then i would go back, so far back and fundamentally change us so that humanity takes a different path. A path where innovation and virtue is the goal. Allow humanity to take a path of peace and happiness and avoid any and all atrocities. That would be so cool.

So i guess i looked at the effects "change" would have and if i was willing to pay the price. But if there where no price to be paid then yes i would allow humanity to start over, see if we can get things right without a history of atrocities.

dimension-1hacker

Not shame really... It is true that the many of us will view our entire human history as a crime. That is because very little good has happened over such a long time. So it is only natural for us to think "this event i would change" or "that should never happen".

However who is that you will change with that event? Will you still be who you are? Will you love the same person? Will you find the same happiness? Will the same innovations occur? As much as i detest the past and would rather let humanity start over and start anew, who am i to play god over each life that was born out of those events? Because fundamentally by changing the past these people will be simply never come into being.

Somewhere someone is happy, who am i to undo not only their happiness bur their livelihood? i have no right and that was my perspective.

If i knew that my alterations will not effect a single life negatively then i would go back, so far back and fundamentally change us so that humanity takes a different path. A path where innovation and virtue is the goal. Allow humanity to take a path of peace and happiness and avoid any and all atrocities. That would be so cool.

So i guess i looked at the effects "change" would have and if i was willing to pay the price. But if there where no price to be paid then yes i would allow humanity to start over, see if we can get things right without a history of atrocities.
50/50 odds of anybody having what they consiter a happy or "sad" life. therefor whatever you do 50% good 50% bad. Do what you want odds determine you pay no price you percieve to be a price.
do what you determine causes happyness

label

50/50 odds of anybody having what they consiter a happy or "sad" life. therefor whatever you do 50% good 50% bad. Do what you want odds determine you pay no price you percieve to be a price.
do what you determine causes happyness

You know i use to believe that. But it is simply not true. chance does not exist. i will proof that in a moment and it is really important to show what is that we believe govern us. If you look at rain falling from the sky or sand on a coastline. You would think each grain had to have a random event to be where they are exactly where they are. No every drop of rain every grain of sand you see had millions if not billions causes and effects that determined their exact spot.

Now to be clear it doesn't mean that there will not be pain and suffering. Sadly in life we will endure a great deal of things. But 100% of the events that happened in our lives was set into motion a long time ago. Even what you see me typing here now was factually predetermined.

Every lottery every lucky winner every dire situation every situation within each situation was a determination of cause and effect. Just because we don't have the full picture we assume that it was bad luck or good luck or whatever it may be. The fact is it came into being therefore the conditions was right for it to exist.

Once you realize this, the world simply opens up. It really does, it shows you that everything you say and to will have a profound effect on a situation one day. You may not even be aware or apart of that situation but it will have its part to play. Sometimes that part will be good other times no so much. Don't over think it to much because there are close to 8 billion of us so don't assume responsibility just yet. Each of those 8 billion had their part to play and so on and so forth.

See in the end of the day, a human picked up a stone used it as a tool and another human picked up a stone used it as a weapon fundamentally everything we are and have started by a human that picked up a stone. Chance does not exist conditions on the other hand do exist. A stone was lifted and look where we are today...

It truly is amazing.

dimension-1hacker

You know i use to believe that. But it is simply not true. chance does not exist. i will proof that in a moment and it is really important to show what is that we believe govern us. If you look at rain falling from the sky or sand on a coastline. You would think each grain had to have a random event to be where they are exactly where they are. No every drop of rain every grain of sand you see had millions if not billions causes and effects that determined their exact spot.

Now to be clear it doesn't mean that there will not be pain and suffering. Sadly in life we will endure a great deal of things. But 100% of the events that happened in our lives was set into motion a long time ago. Even what you see me typing here now was factually predetermined.

Every lottery every lucky winner every dire situation every situation within each situation was a determination of cause and effect. Just because we don't have the full picture we assume that it was bad luck or good luck or whatever it may be. The fact is it came into being therefore the conditions was right for it to exist.

Once you realize this, the world simply opens up. It really does, it shows you that everything you say and to will have a profound effect on a situation one day. You may not even be aware or apart of that situation but it will have its part to play. Sometimes that part will be good other times no so much. Don't over think it to much because there are close to 8 billion of us so don't assume responsibility just yet. Each of those 8 billion had their part to play and so on and so forth.

See in the end of the day, a human picked up a stone used it as a tool and another human picked up a stone used it as a weapon fundamentally everything we are and have started by a human that picked up a stone. Chance does not exist conditions on the other hand do exist. A stone was lifted and look where we are today...

It truly is amazing.
  1. every cause is caused to occur because the previous cause.
  2. Every cause is not the same or nothing would ever occur.
  3. if a cause does not cause x effect something is causing it not to cause x effect.
  4. without a cause creating an effect nothing caused anything to occur.
Therefor the effect is determined by the cause and the only that specific type of cause causes that specific abstract effect.
Hence every cause creates a specific effect which means every cause in the past causes the present and future to occur in one specific predetermined way.
correct? any thoughts?
also every cause doesn't cause itself and all causes that exist did not cause themselves therefor nothing "should" move. therefor my understanding of everything is flawed in some way! I do not know why everything occurs the way it occurs.

Last edited:

label

1. every cause is caused to occur because the previous cause.
  2. Every cause is not the same or nothing would ever occur.
  3. if a cause does not cause x effect something is causing it not to cause x effect.
  4. without a cause creating an effect nothing caused anything to occur.
Therefor the effect is determined by the cause and the only that specific type of cause causes that specific abstract effect.
Hence every cause creates a specific effect which means every cause in the past causes the present and future to occur in one specific predetermined way.
correct? any thoughts?
also every cause doesn't cause itself and all causes that exist did not cause themselves therefor nothing "should" move. therefor my understanding of everything is flawed in some way! I do not know why everything occurs the way it occurs.

Loving this... yes and no and what about maybe. See here we have the value 1 and what gives 1 its value. Think about it this way. If you look at a binary bus that consist of zeros and ones you would say that there is only so many ways a single binary bus can be used. All of it pre determinant all of it can be calculated.

We know this because computers work. Now why is it then that computers cannot tell the future? Potentially it should be able to tell you everything because all the conclusions it can ever make already exist in the from of a binary bus. But it can't... Why?

It is like asking a tornado to make you a chocolate cake. If every situation allows for it and every condition is perfect then that tornado WILL be able to bake you a chocolate cake. See it comes down to conditions.

What conditions? In short "perfect conditions" Now what am i saying?

To simply answer your question is catalyst of all things started from a single source the value of "1" a single atom that came into being.

Now the how it came into being part... that is where you have to really step outside the comforts and start to ask that terribly difficult question. What will it take for "1" to exist? For me the answer became as clear as day. But that is outside the scope of this conversation and you can hit me up in a message if you feel like it.

edit

Actually Rick from Rick and Morty figured it out a few times.

Last edited:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I'm going back to make sure Hitler uses the H-bomb first. At least then there would be world-wide peace forever.

dimension-1hacker

Loving this... yes and no and what about maybe. See here we have the value 1 and what gives 1 its value. Think about it this way. If you look at a binary bus that consist of zeros and ones you would say that there is only so many ways a single binary bus can be used. All of it pre determinant all of it can be calculated.

We know this because computers work. Now why is it then that computers cannot tell the future? Potentially it should be able to tell you everything because all the conclusions it can ever make already exist in the from of a binary bus. But it can't... Why?

It is like asking a tornado to make you a chocolate cake. If every situation allows for it and every condition is perfect then that tornado WILL be able to bake you a chocolate cake. See it comes down to conditions.

What conditions? In short "perfect conditions" Now what am i saying?

To simply answer your question is catalyst of all things started from a single source the value of "1" a single atom that came into being.

Now the how it came into being part... that is where you have to really step outside the comforts and start to ask that terribly difficult question. What will it take for "1" to exist? For me the answer became as clear as day. But that is outside the scope of this conversation and you can hit me up in a message if you feel like it.

edit

Actually Rick from Rick and Morty figured it out a few times.
figuring that out is a philisophical theory of everything. In a month I think I will. intellegence boosting

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@label & @dimension-1hacker - Alright guys, I think that's enough. We're obviously going off-topic here. It's becoming to look something like a debate thread of whether or not the past should be changed, which this thread is not. We're supposed to be having fun with our fantasies, not debating a philosophical question or arguing in favor of one thing or its opposite.