What if we could live millions of years?

HDRKID

People wonder what it would be like to live millions of years. Perhaps, we can stop aging and science is our answer. However, part of religion is the promise of eternal life that goes on an on.

What if We Could Live for a Million Years?

God can turn us into spirits and we can live forever that way.

1 Corinthians 15

51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.
54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory

He can also allow us to eat of the tree of life and we can live forever as flesh and blood persons.

Revelation 2:7
'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.'

Yet, I ask again. What will it be like to live millions of years?

Yeats

If one could live for a million years there would still be those who would, on their deathbeds, wish for more.

Better to cherish the time we have.

HDRKID

Hi Yeats,
I agree. However, there is one problem with living millions of years. The things that you build wither away. For example, a house made of wood will not last millions of years. Sadly, even if you built an enormous house using massive blocks of granite stone it would slowly fade away due to erosion.

pink_clock44.gif

Yeats

There is an even greater sorrow for the long-lived. Seeing all those around you whom you love wither and die.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
If everyone could live a million years thanks to science, wouldn't that lead to over population and other problems probably just as bad as a short lifespan?

dimension-1hacker

Hi Yeats,
I agree. However, there is one problem with living millions of years. The things that you build wither away. For example, a house made of wood will not last millions of years. Sadly, even if you built an enormous house using massive blocks of granite stone it would slowly fade away due to erosion.

pink_clock44.gif
People that do not want to life that long are to afraid to. The best life is the one filled with the most positive perceived emotions and feeling them for the longest amount of time, the people that don't want to live forever are the people that have not learned to always have fun and get the most out of life. arbitrary I wll die now instead of other time is just a sentence, there is no "right time to die". not me

dimension-1hacker

There is an even greater sorrow for the long-lived. Seeing all those around you whom you love wither and die.
Never care arbitrarily a certain amount that causes you to lose yourself if that object of materialistic value disappears. focus on the positive or the negative will focus on you, if those you love die you are to blame for not causing them to live, but what benefit is their to feel sorrow and wish to die, to want to die because you don't try to feel positive emotions; you arbitrarily want to die because you cannot bring yourself to "let go", its all arbitrary and meaningless, the only meaning that is objectively beneficial is positive emotions. Caring arbitrarily to much does not benefit you, it is a hindrance, to die because you can't help feeling negative emotions is on you because of ones lack of choice to change to feel more positive therefore live the most positive and longest positive life.

Gnostic Christian

let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.'

Where is this paradise of Yahweh's?

Where Jesus said it was? Right here and now to those who can see it?

Regards
DL

Wind7

Staff
People wonder what it would be like to live millions of years. Perhaps, we can stop aging and science is our answer. However, part of religion is the promise of eternal life that goes on an on.

What if We Could Live for a Million Years?

God can turn us into spirits and we can live forever that way.

1 Corinthians 15

51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.
54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory

He can also allow us to eat of the tree of life and we can live forever as flesh and blood persons.

Revelation 2:7
'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.'

Yet, I ask again. What will it be like to live millions of years?

I guess I would find myself a hobby....(or two.....)