What is a PENGOLIN?

Treversal

The other day someone mentioned that the virus may have started with a pengolin.

A what?

You know, a pengolin.

I had no idea, even after I saw a picture of one.

Yup, suggesting MCI or a TT related worldline shift.

I do not which I would prefer.

Pengolins?

Are they as familiar to you as cats, penguins, or armadillos?

God help me if someone says, Whats an armadillo?

And another one people are mentioning Oceania.

Again, I asked, What the heck is Oceania?

Is it just that we do not really use the term in the United States?

That`s just south of Canada.

I hope.

Element115

Pangolin is like an anteater. They are smaller though. It's a species native to Asia. Fun fact, after COVID-19 started (the 19 coming from year of discovery, this actually being SARS-COV-2 virus) China has banned the consumption of 'wild animals' as it was heavily part of the culture of some southern provinces which is suspected to have started this pandemic. NEAT! bender taking a photograph.

Novel Coronavirus: novel meaning it comes from animals and coronavirus being a type of virus that affects respiratory tracts. The first discovered coronavirus affecting humans was SARS. Now this is COVID-19 also known as SARS-2. It's a virus that affects your ability to breath functionally and it can cause death, although, in smaller numbers than previous pandemics such as black plague. The reason COVID-19 is worrysome is how quickly it mutates. It's a single strand RNA virus, and within the span of approximately 2 weeks it was able to go from animal, to human, then mutate so it could transmit to other humans. There are already a few strains of this virus out there and one of them causes the symptom of the inability to taste or smell. It isn't particularly dangerous to those without underlying respiratory conditions. Those that are elderly, smokers, or have compromised immune systems, are more susceptible to negative consequences caused by COVID-19. It's also possible younger people can be infected and be asymptomatic, meaning they will not exhibit symptoms of carrying COVID-19 but are still able to pass it on to others.

Additionally, if you have the virus you should wear a mask because it is transmitted through respiratory droplets when you cough/sneeze, etc. If you are not infected, these types of masks will not prevent you from obtaining the virus in any fashion. The COVID-19 virus does not "hang in the air" like smaller viruses such as measles. The risk is more direct than it is ambulatory.

Wash your feckin' hands. Use hand sanitizer when you can. Don't touch your face or orifices with unsanitized hands, cover when you cough or sneeze, and practice social distancing of more than 6 feet from others wherever possible.

Edit: Oh, and don't kiss strangers or share bodily fluids or become blood brothers or anything of the sort. The virus is spread through bodily fluids, of which can be expelled up to 6 feet during activities such as sneezing or coughing, which is why the social distancing rule is important. Scientists are still working on this problem 24/7, trying to develop faster more efficient testing kits that are readily available, and more importantly, a vaccine.

Last edited:

Treversal

Pangolin is like an anteater. They are smaller though. It's a species native to Asia. Fun fact, after COVID-19 started (the 19 coming from year of discovery, this actually being SARS-COV-2 virus) China has banned the consumption of 'wild animals' as it was heavily part of the culture of some southern provinces which is suspected to have started this pandemic. NEAT! bender taking a photograph.

Novel Coronavirus: novel meaning it comes from animals and coronavirus being a type of virus that affects respiratory tracts. The first discovered coronavirus affecting humans was SARS. Now this is COVID-19 also known as SARS-2. It's a virus that affects your ability to breath functionally and it can cause death, although, in smaller numbers than previous pandemics such as black plague. The reason COVID-19 is worrysome is how quickly it mutates. It's a single strand RNA virus, and within the span of approximately 2 weeks it was able to go from animal, to human, then mutate so it could transmit to other humans. There are already a few strains of this virus out there and one of them causes the symptom of the inability to taste or smell. It isn't particularly dangerous to those without underlying respiratory conditions. Those that are elderly, smokers, or have compromised immune systems, are more susceptible to negative consequences caused by COVID-19. It's also possible younger people can be infected and be asymptomatic, meaning they will not exhibit symptoms of carrying COVID-19 but are still able to pass it on to others.

Additionally, if you have the virus you should wear a mask because it is transmitted through respiratory droplets when you cough/sneeze, etc. If you are not infected, these types of masks will not prevent you from obtaining the virus in any fashion. The COVID-19 virus does not "hang in the air" like smaller viruses such as measles. The risk is more direct than it is ambulatory.

Wash your feckin' hands. Use hand sanitizer when you can. Don't touch your face or orifices with unsanitized hands, cover when you cough or sneeze, and practice social distancing of more than 6 feet from others wherever possible.

Edit: Oh, and don't kiss strangers or share bodily fluids or become blood brothers or anything of the sort. The virus is spread through bodily fluids, of which can be expelled up to 6 feet during activities such as sneezing or coughing, which is why the social distancing rule is important. Scientists are still working on this problem 24/7, trying to develop faster more efficient testing kits that are readily available, and more importantly, a vaccine.
It is apparent after research, that most Americans have never heard of the animal. I guess it`s the same with Oceania. I never heard the term before.