What is a psychic vampire?

scopenbarger

I have recently had lack of energy and i think this might be the reason but i don't really know anything about it. Can someone explain to me what it is?

CDS

The story goes, there are some people that can suck energy off others. A lot of these people don't even know they're capable of it or that it's happening.

RHYS

My ex #1 & my ex #2. Psychic/emotional vampires. Can be attributed to psychological aspects more so than intentional, premeditated "evil". Read up on the DVSM of personality- disordered individuals. A very real and serious thing.

Now, some ppl may say it's just negative energy affecting you. But it all depends on your belief system, as modern psychology is also a subjective field.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I moved this thread to the Psy section.

Welcome to the forum!

Some people can basically drain all your energy just by interacting with you. Those people are considered toxic. Maybe this is what happens to you.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith

Welcome to the forum!

Some people can basically drain all your energy just by interacting with you. Those people are considered toxic. Maybe this is what happens to you.
I think some people can be considered toxic, but like CDS said, I don't think they're always aware that they're draining someone's energy... :) Some people probably can't help it...

Martian

Thankfully, I haven't experienced it, but I've heard some guys refer to them as "mother-in-law", "ex-wife", etc. :rolleyes:

Joking aside, I'd look into more mundane explanations first, like malnutrition, exhaustion, depression, or heath problems.

TimeFlipper

Welcome to the forum!

I think some people can be considered toxic, but like CDS said, I don't think they're always aware that they're draining someone's energy... :) Some people probably can't help it...
Back in the day over here in the UK, there was an "old wifes tale" that you should never allow a child to be at the bedside of a relation that is dying...The idea being that the person dying would draw vital life energy from the child, which in turn would cause the child to be sick and possibly die! :eek: