What is beyond Death?

Nobody

Is it the end when our body uses the last bit of energy, or loses normal working conditions, or becomes as dry as a leaf in the summer? Perhaps there's too many ways of the body losing to the race of death. Though, there are many paths that lead to the death of the body, death itself is always the same and the same always happens.

But what does truly happen after the body dies?

The senses, the knowledge we have gathered, the way we look to life and the world gives us the false perception of consciousness. We are not truly alive as long as we live as bodies. Such reality can be easily changed by taking out one of the senses, or not being able to retain the knowledge that we have gathered, not being able to move properly. But the way we perceive these and the rest, is also part of 'consciousness'.

So, are we alive? Maybe yes, maybe not. The word alive means differently to me, than what it means to you. And how I perceive this world and reality is also different from anyone else, as everyone else sees the world and reality in their own private way. There can be no one else with the same reality as someone else. Because of the experiences, the knowledge, the senses, between one another all of this is different, and even if two experienced the same things at the same time, they would still see things distinctively from each other - even for a very small margin.

However, Death is still the same for everyone else. Though the way one dies might be different, yet the process will still be the same. Consciousness gradually disappears as the body shuts off. All of the memories of life may or may not pass through their minds as this happens. Perhaps only a few more important ones, or it could be a feeling or more feelings, a cause or something they believed in. But as this passes, so does their consciousness pass to the 'other side' and then only the end comes to mind.

Could this be the end, or could this be the beginning?

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Yep, death is the end for this physical shell. Make sure you use and abuse it while you've got it.

But as for the mind, the soul, the spirit, your energy - call it what you will. That goes on. I have no doubt... and once you accept this way of thinking it changes your life, your thinking, everything. I think you begin to enjoy life more!