What is consciousness?

dimension-1hacker

I'm not trying to correct you on what you know dimension-1hacker but, in your post above, not only have you left out the fact that physically neurons are constructed objects but you've also left out all of the biochemical processes which go on inside neurons themselves. However, like you, I believe that consciousness is more than just biochemistry & the firing of charged particles and or neurotransmitters across the synapse.
Principles of Philosophy: I.1–12: Doubt and the Cogito | SparkNotes

QPN

To keep us all stupid.

I don't know if it's to keep us all stupid in as much as it is about suppression. In that I believe it's more about people who are in positions of authority of knowing & whom don't know how to construct new knowledge trying to keep the status quo in the present state of knowledge so that they don't get removed from that position of authority of knowing in the eyes of others.

QPN

Can you be categorized as an inventor, in other words a person that thinks of what others have not thought of or at least is not known?
Also, you seem to be the most abstract thinker on this forum, that statement may be incorrect but the odds may be low.
Can you solve this riddle?
{
what turns but is does not stop, what moves but never moves into a different section of space uncaused by turning, the gong of a bell against time itself, one side reverberating through history, what am I, where am I, what can I do?
}
The answer is obvious, but anybody that gets it is a genius and pleased to work with you. If anybody gets this they are one of the history changers of the next thousand years. good chance
remember that the riddle has one way to be solved, based off the only way to eliminate every other possible way of analysis other then the one anybody can deduce regardless of culture only based off a logical structure which can be oncovered by the literal and metaphorical enterpetation of the riddle. this one depends on the metaphorical turned into the physical.

Who are you addressing this to?

QPN

Can you be categorized as an inventor, in other words a person that thinks of what others have not thought of or at least is not known?
Also, you seem to be the most abstract thinker on this forum, that statement may be incorrect but the odds may be low.
Can you solve this riddle?
{
what turns but is does not stop, what moves but never moves into a different section of space uncaused by turning, the gong of a bell against time itself, one side reverberating through history, what am I, where am I, what can I do?
}
The answer is obvious, but anybody that gets it is a genius and pleased to work with you. If anybody gets this they are one of the history changers of the next thousand years. good chance
remember that the riddle has one way to be solved, based off the only way to eliminate every other possible way of analysis other then the one anybody can deduce regardless of culture only based off a logical structure which can be oncovered by the literal and metaphorical enterpetation of the riddle. this one depends on the metaphorical turned into the physical.

I believe that I fit more into the category of an independent thinker.

As far as your riddle goes, I can't figure it out, I'm not a genius. Nor do I want to be! I don't like the idea of being classified smarter than other people. Nor do I like having a label that would define me as being more than somebody else. That's not me, that's not how I see myself. I say let somebody else be the genius and I'll be a common regular Joe.

Last edited:

dimension-1hacker

I believe that I fit more into the category of an independent thinker.

I'm not a genius. Nor do I want to be! I don't like the idea of being classified smarter than other people. Nor do I like having a label that would define me as being more than somebody else. That's not me, that's not how I see myself. I say let somebody else be the genius and let me be a common regular Joe.
The word genius is usually defined as a person that is more intelligent then the majority of others around that person is specific ways, usually though the word is stigmatized and others believe they cannot be one because of what the parts they are lacking; a common Joe probally would not say that either. If you wanted to let somebody else be the genius you would not of become an abstract thinker, you cannot help if the way you think can be classified numerally as more or less abstract. I used an numeral scale of measurement not emotional and cultural bias, and do not define a genius as subjectively better or worse just something that is. If you do not want to be what you are change yourself, though liking the way you are means you like the way you are. Talent does not mean anything, there are many ways to be get better at anything; always like who you are and if you want to change project those traits as yours and just change and at the same time be aware of the change, and gain pride and so on. Do you want continue to understand and understand more concepts then you want to gain intellegence.

Last edited: