What is consciousness?

dimension-1hacker

What is consciousness;

some people assume that the brain is consciousness but how? Well two neurons collide to produce an interaction nothing other then the interaction occurs, so consciousness's is not produced by the neurons interacting within a neural net. Consciousness is not the neurons themselves because the neurons are themselves objects, therefore nothing but the object is there. In a system where no physical object can cause itself to move, consciousness is seemingly the only process that does not require that in a physical sense because consciousness is more then a physical system. Consciousness is what assigned meaning to multiple things which is the systems understanding of itself, as understanding produces an provable tautology it is the only point in the chain of cause and effect where something causes itself or is in a way that is hard to describe with my current grasp of language and concepts. That is why I think changing your visual perception is a way to time travel, consciousness is the beginning and the end of cause and effect as without something that proves itself no other cause can cause itself. The system collapses, or never existed. What is consciousness, it is understanding, but what is understanding, can I accurrately describe that concept using language the descartian method could not work. Is consciousness what people think it is, as the brain I proved is not what consciousness is. Since I don't have a philosophical theory of everything am not certain but. Correct the proofs that you view as incorrect.

What is the point?
Without knowing what consciousness is how can you predict the perceived negative or and positive effects of time travel?
Maybe understanding the inner working of consciousness could cause you to be able to easly time travel.
Its quite obvious that consciousness is not a neural net, yet people seemingly persist in believing something that can be easly disproven.
why? Is it a flaw in peoples reasoning capabilities, gov suppression, mass simplemindedness? don't know!

Last edited:

dimension-1hacker

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
I like to defy the norm.

Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so.
Bertrand Russell

Inferno

What is the point?
Without knowing what consciousness is how can you predict the perceived negative or and positive effects of time travel?
Maybe understanding the inner working of consciousness could cause you to be able to easly time travel.
Its quite obvious that consciousness is not a neural net, yet people seemingly persist in believing something that can be easly disproven.
why? Is it a flaw in peoples reasoning capabilities, gov suppression, mass simplemindedness? don't know!
I don't think you need to be aware of your conscience to time travel, I'm sure there is a scientific way. I don't think the people time traveling care about the consequences either. I plan on trying out different astral methods in a few years, I'm just waiting for my mind to clear easily.

Most people I know are either blindly religious or atheist. If I tried to tell them everything I know, they would scoff at me and call me crazy. I have come to the sad conclusion that most people lack critical thinking skills and original thoughts/ideas. The world is an echo chamber with very few great minds. As a great man once said,
Small minds discuss people
Average minds discuss events
Great minds discuss ideas

dimension-1hacker

I don't think you need to be aware of your conscience to time travel, I'm sure there is a scientific way. I don't think the people time traveling care about the consequences either. I plan on trying out different astral methods in a few years, I'm just waiting for my mind to clear easily.

Most people I know are either blindly religious or atheist. If I tried to tell them everything I know, they would scoff at me and call me crazy. I have come to the sad conclusion that most people lack critical thinking skills and original thoughts/ideas. The world is an echo chamber with very few great minds. As a great man once said,
The difference between a genius and others is that a they bulls eye metaphorical targets dead center, genius's can hit targets nobody else can see is there. I don't remember the exact saying, but that was the sum; people from birth are given a set amount of targets to hit and are told not to question anything just to hit the targets. These targets may be to bully this person, memorize words, gain their tribes approval, never question a thing their told, made never to realize any of that, and so on. They do not know what they are, and what the world is. Genius's understand why what how when where, and therefore can see more, do more, therefore inherently more logical. The others set false limitations on themselves, believing certain things can only be accomplished by people they view as they only ones; thinking an inherent amount of talent is the only difference between success and failure. There are many ways to become the best at anything that is gained through doing specific proven ways and effort, working hard to not work hard. Yet despite all the evidence they cling to false belief systems that are not proven in any way yet believe they are correct, a quick google search would disprove those opinions. Most people only believe things because of what they perceive others believe, and because of what those people were told to believe, usually without realizing it. These false belief systems encompass enterpreting the outside world, and understanding of themselves. Most people may be poor but a quick google search would show thousands of easy ligitamite ways to gain many thousands of dollars in very little time, yet those people do not have the understanding of this, don't bother to find out, and or will do so. human history is one big ECO chamber of where rarely anybody understands things, where illogical beliefs are perpetuated in many different forms, the original thoughts/ideas come from the few people that are percicuted the most. The people in power are the ones that perpetuate this part of general human nature, yet are just bigger cogs of that great big machine themselves. racism, sexism, noblism, and so on are perpetuated by this system. Most people usually don't believe things they do not understand and cannot see do not exist which is silly in of itself, and if not fear those things. The way most people are controlled by emotional oversimplified arguements by all media, and blindly regurgitate what they are told to think and believe and follow politicians that will do things that are not in their stated interests without even understanding the arguements themselves and the inner working of the very things they are so "passionate" about. The politicians recognise the inherent nature of the people. I agree, most people do not have high critical thinking skills and usually only believe the sum of what they think others believe, and usually cannot determine the why, where, what, and hows of a concept or situation. The sum of textbook human history is the strong causing the weak to believe certain things for the benifite of the strong, and each side rarely understands why they do it, rarely know they are being manipulated, and cannot in any way prove or disprove their own and the opposing sides belief system yet blindly attack each other without even knowing it. The entire history is the politicians and corperations perpetuating illogical arguements that the people that did not have the capacity to think about blindly excepted it. Its like watching automotans moving around pretending to be anything but, its determinism, nihilism, and fate all wrapped together into a single package. The one percent justify not giving resources to people who would of lived by getting them by regardless of their subjective moral systems not focusing on it, says stealing is wrong, its my money, and so on never understanding a thing about it, forcing themselves subconsciously to justify it that way, while not thinking about their subjective moral systems, and so on, peopl are like that. I realize that focusing on that in that way does not produce positive emotions for me, yet in this reality based off the history I have read if it is accurate and the media articles about the state of the world then it is close to a fact. As descartes said question everything, do I exist, never make assumptions, what is right and wrong what is justice what is emotion socrates asked passersby, and neitche said most people are passive nihilists and I agree. I define crazy as "people that cannot provide any reasons for any reasons for why they believe anything is true to be true, yet think they know everything, or think things that they think are probally objective, and call others that dare to question things crazy". accidently deleted the rest of the comment, tired though

" I'm just waiting for my mind to clear easily"? accupressure?
awesome and logical qoute too.
The world is an echo chamber with very few great minds. As a great man once said,
better too when the person saying it probally understands the meaning and is able to read what is between the lines.

Last edited:

dimension-1hacker

Its potentially true that their are ways to time travel but that is a possibility; since I do not remember time traveling do not know if you need to be aware of your consciousness to time travel. Consciousness is another way to potentially time travel, as perception could be what causes what you perceive to be there to be there only because of what you perceive. Clearly that is not a philosophical theory of everything and my understanding now is limited now but consciousness, whatever it is, is something that causes itself somehow therefore is the only perceivable thing that allows the system to exist therefore dictates what the things in the system. I know that is oversimplified and does not fully describe it accurately, but there is a high probability changing your visual percpetion of where you are changes physically where and when you are based off my current understanding. Another way is to perceive the fourth dimension. thoughts?

walt willis

I think it is the mind that acts like a super computer powered by a chemical electrical energy source that is able to transmit and receive DATA outside of itself, as well as expand its ability as it grows in complexity over time. The health of the mind may depend on many factors including the physical and emotional environment. We are also what we eat...I am a hotdog? 9356

SinisterThinking

Awesome post except the quote belonged to Eleanor Roosevelt., FDR's wife... ;-)

Inferno

Awesome post except the quote belonged to Eleanor Roosevelt., FDR's wife... ;-)
I get the two mixed up occasionally. Anyone close to FDR is surely a great person.
Its potentially true that their are ways to time travel but that is a possibility; since I do not remember time traveling do not know if you need to be aware of your consciousness to time travel. Consciousness is another way to potentially time travel, as perception could be what causes what you perceive to be there to be there only because of what you perceive. Clearly that is not a philosophical theory of everything and my understanding now is limited now but consciousness, whatever it is, is something that causes itself somehow therefore is the only perceivable thing that allows the system to exist therefore dictates what the things in the system. I know that is oversimplified and does not fully describe it accurately, but there is a high probability changing your visual percpetion of where you are changes physically where and when you are based off my current understanding. Another way is to perceive the fourth dimension. thoughts?
I think that with enough "energy" (I have no idea what to call it) and focus, you can exist outside of spacetime. However, It requires insane amounts of time and probably isn't achievable in one lifetime unless you were spiritual in a past life. (Meditated or something similar in a previous life).

It may be possible to take your body with you if you can train yourself to vibrate it at the correct frequency. I believe this to also be a very advanced technique that almost nobody has accomplished.

It should be noted that I don't have a lot of experience with the other planes of existence. I'm developing theories for when I start trying to astral project and other similar things.

SinisterThinking

If to travel in time has been proven (time dilation...wow twice in the same evening). Why the constant "if". It seems that the real question is, "Can a person travel in time (more than milliseconds) AND maintain a stream of consciousness?" To answer that, we really only need to know the rate of expansion of space. If time is merely a measure, and I do believe that AND we know the expansion rate of space, to travel in time(back) is just traveling in a pretty big circle(based on rate of expansion) and landing outside the initial diameter of your starting point but on the same plane of reference. The good news is, you would remain with the consciousness and thoughts you started with. Your brain doesn't know time otherwise, we wouldn't need clocks.