What is consciousness?

QPN

what does QPN abreviate?
Learned the terminology while reading about scientific studies, or adopted that type of logic based syntax? These events seem to be intertwined, and do you think everything being predetermined?

QPN stands for Quantum Pythagoras Newtonian and to me these 3 words describe some of the scientific information which speaks to the core foundation and or core inner workings of our universe.

Do I think everything is predetermined? Yes & No! I believe that there must be something which not only causes the manifestation of our universe. But I also believe that this thing gives rise to all of the possible stuff which can exist of and or inside our universe & gives rise to all of the possible happenings or state changing interaction events of all of this stuff. As such I believe that you cannot have that which causes the manifestation of our universe without having all of the pure raw information of all of the possible things in which it can cause and or become, which includes the information of all possible happenings/state changing interaction events. So under this context yes, I believe that inside the information of possibilities is the predetermined information of everything.

Do I believe that the future is predetermined? No.

walt willis

To keep us all stupid.
Now that is just as funny as it is true!
Brings back memories of the day the Dean called me into his office and wanted to warn me that my life would be full of frustration and aggravation because I got the highest score on the judgement exam and all others failed miserably but one other. He said he was concerned for my well being after he learned I got a near perfect score of 98% that would put me at odds with friends and family.
Yes it does seem that George Carlin was right about stupid people far out number the smart ones?
Now it may help to find a cure before it's too late for us humans?9369

QPN

What is consciousness;

some people assume that the brain is consciousness but how? Well two neurons collide to produce an interaction nothing other then the interaction occurs, so consciousness's is not produced by the neurons interacting within a neural net. Consciousness is not the neurons themselves because the neurons are themselves objects, therefore nothing but the object is there. In a system where no physical object can cause itself to move, consciousness is seemingly the only process that does not require that in a physical sense because consciousness is more then a physical system. Consciousness is what assigned meaning to multiple things which is the systems understanding of itself, as understanding produces an provable tautology it is the only point in the chain of cause and effect where something causes itself or is in a way that is hard to describe with my current grasp of language and concepts. That is why I think changing your visual perception is a way to time travel, consciousness is the beginning and the end of cause and effect as without something that proves itself no other cause can cause itself. The system collapses, or never existed. What is consciousness, it is understanding, but what is understanding, can I accurrately describe that concept using language the descartian method could not work. Is consciousness what people think it is, as the brain I proved is not what consciousness is. Since I don't have a philosophical theory of everything am not certain but. Correct the proofs that you view as incorrect.

Personally I do not believe that consciousness is any 1 thing rather I believe it is a multitude of things which come together through the action of union or unseparation & act as 1 thing. In other words I believe that consciousness is a kind of large complex multilayered constructed object, kind of like the human body. But unlike the human body which is constructed by smaller particles of matter bound together to make larger particles of matter, I believe that consciousness has something to do with smaller units of information bound together to make larger units of information. Of course this assumes that there are non composite elementary units of information.

At the same time though I also believe that consciousness has something to do with being a source & destination or information location for the bidirectional flow of information.

I also believe that consciousness has something to do with being a constructor/instantiator of information. This can be seen in all of the fiction & nonfiction information that we humans construct.

Last edited:

HDRKID

Electrons might be conscious.

Maybe our universe is conscious.

NaturalPhilosopher

well said!
hehe.

QPN

Yea that is an intriguing idea.

QPN

You know what would be neat? If there was some kind of quantum boolean system & a kind of quantum programming language that caused this.

dimension-1hacker

Can you be categorized as an inventor, in other words a person that thinks of what others have not thought of or at least is not known?
Also, you seem to be the most abstract thinker on this forum, that statement may be incorrect but the odds may be low.
Can you solve this riddle?
{
what turns but is does not stop, what moves but never moves into a different section of space uncaused by turning, the gong of a bell against time itself, one side reverberating through history, what am I, where am I, what can I do?
}
The answer is obvious, but anybody that gets it is a genius and pleased to work with you. If anybody gets this they are one of the history changers of the next thousand years. good chance
remember that the riddle has one way to be solved, based off the only way to eliminate every other possible way of analysis other then the one anybody can deduce regardless of culture only based off a logical structure which can be oncovered by the literal and metaphorical enterpetation of the riddle. this one depends on the metaphorical turned into the physical.

Last edited: