What is Erdoğan's endgame?

Beholder

Erdoğan is blocking Sweden from Nato membership because apparently we did not do enough against the existence of Kurds (who have rights according to the UN) and his political opponents (who had the right to dethrone him in the event of autocracy according to Turkey's own constitution). Sweden has already listed PKK as terrorists and are not involved with them (only the civilized organizations for Kurds). Seems like a move to score points with Russia which objected Nato's expansion, yet Russia does not even accnowledge PKK as a terrorist organization whatsoever (guerilla fighters then), and told Turkey not to invade the ethnic region of Kurdistan in support for Kurds.

Did Erdoğan fail at playing both sides (Nato and Russia), or is he only focusing on local issues and his election?

Last edited:

Witch Hunt

Erdoğan is in a tough spot.....stuck in between an encroaching NATO and an increasingly marginalized Russia. With an ever worsening economy. And a population starting to lose faith/trust in him.

I think you can sum up Erdoğan's strategy in one word.......SURVIVAL.

alpha centauri

Did Erdoğan fail at playing both sides (Nato and Russia), or is he only focusing on local issues and his election?
Putin tried the same with Turkey what he did with Ukraine. Only that he said that they are Muslim racists (allies of the islamic state) instead of Nazis.

But I would not be surprised if Erdogan really helped the IS.

Beholder

Erdogan is a sack of ........................
Sack of Turkish Delight?
il_1588xN.3147593162_b8o4.jpg

Mayhem

Zenith
Turkey is a big country but as said its stuck between opposing, in some ways if the military sways it could take a turn that might favour one or the other.

Behind the scenes there would be agents sniffing out both positions trying to gain some advantage as well as the Turks that oppose the government aiding them or advancing their own spaces.

alpha centauri

Said to be furious over candy related trademark issues. Maybe he is ready to start a candy war against Nato. Finland will have to bring gnomes as foot soldiers from the north pole.
Erdogan Threatens Candy Manufacturers - Keghart
I do not agree with his tactics, but I am glad that he does not attack Germany anymore. He found new enemies in France, Sweden, Iran, Finland, Syria, Egypt, Saudi-Arabia, Russia, Armenia, Greece, the USA, China, supress his own citizens, strip them from their human rights and bring about the lira´s downfall (that he does very successful) and so on. So he has a lot to do and hate, there is no room for more countries.

Last edited:

Beholder

I do not agree with his tactics, but I am glad that he does not attack Germany anymore. He found new enemies in France, Sweden, Iran, Finland, Syria, Egypt, Saudi-Arabia, Russia, Armenia, Greece, the USA, China and so one. So he has a lot to do and hate, there is no room for more countries.
Maybe Erdogan should just leave Nato. :ROFLMAO:

alpha centauri

Maybe Erdogan should just leave Nato. :ROFLMAO:
The other countries dont trust him either, because he behaved the same with them. He has nowhere to go and Assad hates him, because he occupies some parts of his country and Assad is allied with Russia and Iran. Egypt is angry because he supports the terror organization Muslim Brotherhood and Saudi-Arabia killed one of the journalists of the Muslim Brotherhood with the name Kashoggi and he was angry about that. Now, he humiliates himself and agrees with Saudi-Arabia, because he needs their money. Nobody else wants to give it to him, not even Qatar, who helped in the past.